Booking Flights Before Getting Your 457

Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:01 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Booking Flights Before Getting Your 457

Apolgies if this in the wrong room. I just wanted to know how you all went about booking your flights before you left, particularly you guys that are out there on a 457, the main questions being
1) Did you wait til the visa had been granted before booking?
2) Did you bother with a return?
3) Do any airlines offer the option to cancel/rearrange the departure date and for what kind of cost? I understand you can pay some kind if insurance fee when booking?

My start date for my new job is 7th Jan and I'm hoping to have the paperwork lodged this week bit obviously the costs of flying between xmas and new year are creeping up.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Booking Flights Before Getting Your 457

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Apolgies if this in the wrong room. I just wanted to know how you all went about booking your flights before you left, particularly you guys that are out there on a 457, the main questions being
1) Did you wait til the visa had been granted before booking?
2) Did you bother with a return?
3) Do any airlines offer the option to cancel/rearrange the departure date and for what kind of cost? I understand you can pay some kind if insurance fee when booking?

My start date for my new job is 7th Jan and I'm hoping to have the paperwork lodged this week bit obviously the costs of flying between xmas and new year are creeping up.
I could be wrong (especially if you are a pre sept 457) but as I understand it your employer "has" to provide you and anyone traveling with you under your visa with return flights.

It might well be worth your while checking this out on www.immi.gov.au

Trish
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Im waiting for 457 and we fly 13th nov and we dont have visa yet!!!
We have booked return flight as we were advised by agent to do so in case immigration dont let us in with one way!!!!! We will get an eta if visa dosnt arrive
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

we had to book our flights before the 457 visa was granted. As prices were shooting up and we are a family of 6.

We dithered about it, but in the end we knew we couldnt really afford the prices at the very last minute. I was panicking about it, but it worked out for us.

Nope we did not bother with return flights. As we knew we were in it for the long haul. Also helped that we came via another country. So no longer had a home in the UK.

I know another family who had to come around the same time as you last year on a 457 and the air fare did go expensive as it was xmas/new year time.

Only thing I would say is if you are really thinking of booking your flights early. Make sure the visa application is put in as soon as you can. They have had a bit of a delay recently so the sooner the form is in the better.

GEMS