Bonus Points for Community Language

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Big Ellie! is on a distinguished road
Question Bonus Points for Community Language

If hubbie manages to get his skills assessed with a positive outcome before his next birthday (when he loses 5 points! ) then we won't need to go down this route - but just in case I thought I'd get organised & find out whether we can get bonus points for the community language option rather than tying money up in a bond!
We both speak German & studied finance & accountancy in Germany 15 years ago as part of our degree course & have a BA Hons & a German equivalent! Hubbie is currently having his degree certificate & transcript of results from the German college translated & certified to send off to ICAA for assessment along with various other bits!
So, my question - can we use his German accountancy degree from 15 years ago to claim the bonus points, or does the proof of fluency have to be more up to date ?!

Thanks
Jo
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 12:18 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus Points for Community Language

Originally Posted by Big Ellie!
If hubbie manages to get his skills assessed with a positive outcome before his next birthday (when he loses 5 points! ) then we won't need to go down this route - but just in case I thought I'd get organised & find out whether we can get bonus points for the community language option rather than tying money up in a bond!
We both speak German & studied finance & accountancy in Germany 15 years ago as part of our degree course & have a BA Hons & a German equivalent! Hubbie is currently having his degree certificate & transcript of results from the German college translated & certified to send off to ICAA for assessment along with various other bits!
So, my question - can we use his German accountancy degree from 15 years ago to claim the bonus points, or does the proof of fluency have to be more up to date ?!

Thanks
Jo
You'll only get a clear answer on this if a good agent looks at the rules and policies in detail for you (for which you will need to pay). This isn't going to be something an online forum can answer.

Jeremy