Bond Urgent!!!!

Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Bond Urgent!!!!

Need you help everyone!
i have now got the bond money, well hubby has in his account, thanks for all your advice regarding 'how to get AU$100,000!!!!
have decided to lodge with Queensland and to do it through our account with the TSB - they were very helpful when i went into the branch at lunchtime! I have all the relevant forms which i am in the process of filling out but i've come a croper on the Notification of Tax File Number/Exemption!!!!!!! What bit do i fill out if any of it!
Please help want to sort it all out in my lunchbreak tomorrow!
Thanks in advance
Rach x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:25 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bond Urgent!!!!

We've paid ours this week (to WA) and I didn't notice that on the form - have just looked on my copy and I guess that's what the TFN/Exemption line was all about! We left it blank.

I've already spoken to the WA Treasury (to confirm that they had received our fax) and had an email from them to say that they had received it. Neither mentioned that the form hadn't been completed correctly.

Not sure what to advise - but say a little prayer for us in case I've messed up!

Chris
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:47 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chris n
We've paid ours this week (to WA) and I didn't notice that on the form - have just looked on my copy and I guess that's what the TFN/Exemption line was all about! We left it blank.

I've already spoken to the WA Treasury (to confirm that they had received our fax) and had an email from them to say that they had received it. Neither mentioned that the form hadn't been completed correctly.

Not sure what to advise - but say a little prayer for us in case I've messed up!

Chris
Hi Rachel, Chris,

As you're probably both aware, if you don't have a TFN you get withholding tax imposed on your interest. But at the end of the tax year (30 June) your overall tax is calculated and it should balance out.

Speaking of interest, what rates did you get?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your advice Chris, will do ours first thing tomorrow and will just put on the form that we don't have a TFN as we are not there yet!
best of luck with your process
rach x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi George and thank you kindly for your information
with regards to your question about what rate of interest we've been offered~: 5.17% as of 19.5.2004
with high regard to you
Rach x
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi there,

Out of interest, will the TFN I had whilst in Oz a few years ago on a WHV still be valid, or do I need to apply for a new one?

Cheers

SS
Old Jun 11th 2004, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rach,,
Put a post up when you are all sorted, I wont be able to sleep, worrying about you.

love
Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi there,

Out of interest, will the TFN I had whilst in Oz a few years ago on a WHV still be valid, or do I need to apply for a new one?

Cheers

SS
Hello,

Your TFN is still valid! Same happened to me, i had one during my working holidays and kept the same one!

Cheers

fabie
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Need you help everyone!
i have now got the bond money, well hubby has in his account, thanks for all your advice regarding 'how to get AU$100,000!!!!
have decided to lodge with Queensland and to do it through our account with the TSB - they were very helpful when i went into the branch at lunchtime! I have all the relevant forms which i am in the process of filling out but i've come a croper on the Notification of Tax File Number/Exemption!!!!!!! What bit do i fill out if any of it!
Please help want to sort it all out in my lunchbreak tomorrow!
Thanks in advance
Rach x

Bump
Old Jun 11th 2004, 4:27 pm

Thanks George

That's what I'd assumed the process would be as I'd heard of the 'witheld interest'.

In terms of the rate I was given an indicative rate of 5.3% but that was a few weeks ago. I emailed WA last night to ask them what the rate actually was - have to admit that this was secondary to the visa in my thoughts!

I'd also assumed that WA would send the Form 1134 onto DIMIA when they are all sorted. Do I only have to sit and wait now?

Regards,

Chris
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

ozozozoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I will be sending my bond money to Queensland shortly but I have got stuck in exactly the same way as the originator of this thread. (Hello Rach)

I don’t have a Tax File Number yet and I understand that the interest I get will be liable to withholding tax.

The thing is, even though I have read through this thread I am still unsure of how to fill in the “Tax File Number / Exemption� page of the Queensland application form.

I was thinking of just not sending that page of the application form but the “how to invest� instructions say that it should be completed. Doh!

Please can you let me know how I should fill in that part of the form. I’m a right scaredy-pants and I don’t want get it wrong and cause delays.

Many thanks.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:06 pm

As I said above I completely ignored this part of the form - I've had an email from WA confirming everything is in order and that the bond has now been set up.

I presume I can get the tax back at some stage (when I've got a tax number) - if not it's still a small price to pay to get a visa.

Chris
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

All i did was write that we were exempt from paying the tax because we are in the process of migrating and therefore do not have a TFN yet. Seems to all be in order so i hope this helps, whatever you do SEND all the forms even if you don't think that they have been filled out properly!
kind regards
Rach x
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:53 am
Just Joined

ozozozoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rach

Thanks for the advice on how to fill in the tax form. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I’ve got a brain like a sieve.

Anyway, I have just sent the bond money today, fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly.

Have you had your passport request letter yet?

Cheers.