Bond to Grant - How long?

Old May 19th 2004, 10:53 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough
Default Bond to Grant - How long?

Hi,
Like a few others on here, we have just deposited our bond with South Australia. Couriered all the paperwork off to the case officer today. Anyone got a view on how long until the last yellow envelope arrives with the grant letter? Technically we have the visa (i think) but want to get down the travel agents and book our validation trip.
Cheers
Old May 19th 2004, 12:43 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bond to Grant - How long?

Originally posted by flying dutchman
Hi,
Like a few others on here, we have just deposited our bond with South Australia. Couriered all the paperwork off to the case officer today. Anyone got a view on how long until the last yellow envelope arrives with the grant letter? Technically we have the visa (i think) but want to get down the travel agents and book our validation trip.
Cheers
can't help on that dutch man
Old May 19th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Bump back to the top as we will be in this position after lodging the bond money next week!
kind regards
Rach x
Old May 20th 2004, 12:32 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Cheers
ours took two weeks
Old May 20th 2004, 7:16 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Cheers
We will be in a similar situation very shortly (we hope!) pc's and meds have been received in Adelaide and so our Assuror is awaiting request for bond. We are in a bit of a flap as our kids are going on European hols in July and August and we are now worried about the tight timescales for sending passports off to Aus House.

Re booking flights - I spoke to travel agent a couple of weeks ago and they won't book flights until you have your visa.
Old May 20th 2004, 8:36 am
Visa'd Up Dutch Member

flying dutchman will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by marie66
We will be in a similar situation very shortly (we hope!) pc's and meds have been received in Adelaide and so our Assuror is awaiting request for bond. We are in a bit of a flap as our kids are going on European hols in July and August and we are now worried about the tight timescales for sending passports off to Aus House.

Re booking flights - I spoke to travel agent a couple of weeks ago and they won't book flights until you have your visa.
Thanks for your responses folks. Re the flights, I wouldn't even try and book until we got the visas. I won't believe it until I get them in my clammy hands!

We lodged with South Australia and this morning I had an email saying they had the money. Great news! I took the opportunity to encourage them to send form 1134 to my case officer. Still don't know exactly what interst rate we are getting!...

Can't be long now! Good luck anyone else lodging their funds!