Bloody RAF - British Forces!

Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:27 am
Adelaide Bound

Seacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of lightSeacaptain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bloody RAF - British Forces!

Sorry guys having a moan!

We took everyones advice to give the visa a shot without discharge papers for hubby whoes in the RAF. Family in Adelaide sent all their docs ready for 139 application. This week I complete my 20 hours a week for 12 months (been in job 3 years but 18 hours!). Firstly the RAF move us, which is fine, still be okay, move in 3 weeks. We thought that would be the best time to put in the application, after we have moved, no messing with addresses and such. Then yesterday they tell hubby he's off to Basra for 4 months in April. So gutted, he's been there before and its really tough. Plus it will be his last tour before he comes out the RAF and its got me really jittery!

Anyway, I just need to clarify one thing in my head and I'm sure someone will be able to assure me. After disccussing last night what to do with the visa (we are aware of the July deadline for the 139) we think we are going to have to delay putting it in as we don't want to get requests for docs, or if they ask for more info on Steve and him to be over there. Can we do this? I leave my job in 3 weeks time with my 20 hours under my belt. Can we put the application in say June, giving time for Steve to get back to the UK in August? And my job still qualifies?

Gosh I hope this makes sense as I have been typing my thougths, with are all over the place at the moment.

Am I making any sense?

Many thanks in advance, sorry for the drone!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:07 pm
LSH
Forum Regular

LSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant futureLSH has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bloody RAF - British Forces!

Originally Posted by Seacaptain
Sorry guys having a moan!

We took everyones advice to give the visa a shot without discharge papers for hubby whoes in the RAF. Family in Adelaide sent all their docs ready for 139 application. This week I complete my 20 hours a week for 12 months (been in job 3 years but 18 hours!). Firstly the RAF move us, which is fine, still be okay, move in 3 weeks. We thought that would be the best time to put in the application, after we have moved, no messing with addresses and such. Then yesterday they tell hubby he's off to Basra for 4 months in April. So gutted, he's been there before and its really tough. Plus it will be his last tour before he comes out the RAF and its got me really jittery!

Anyway, I just need to clarify one thing in my head and I'm sure someone will be able to assure me. After disccussing last night what to do with the visa (we are aware of the July deadline for the 139) we think we are going to have to delay putting it in as we don't want to get requests for docs, or if they ask for more info on Steve and him to be over there. Can we do this? I leave my job in 3 weeks time with my 20 hours under my belt. Can we put the application in say June, giving time for Steve to get back to the UK in August? And my job still qualifies?

Gosh I hope this makes sense as I have been typing my thougths, with are all over the place at the moment.

Am I making any sense?

Many thanks in advance, sorry for the drone!
Hi Seacaptain,

If i was you i would put the application in before the detachement, as the change to the 139 visa could come at any time!

It took our 139 about 4 months from lodging to the first requests for meds and pcc's, so your hubby should be back in time for the next step. They also give you 2 months to get all your details back completed.

Hope this helps

Leo
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LSH
Hi Seacaptain,

If i was you i would put the application in before the detachement, as the change to the 139 visa could come at any time!

It took our 139 about 4 months from lodging to the first requests for meds and pcc's, so your hubby should be back in time for the next step. They also give you 2 months to get all your details back completed.

Hope this helps

Leo
Seacaptain

Thats really good advice from Leo. I'd go ahead and send everything before he goes - but its up to you. As Leo said if they need anything else they give you plenty of time to get it back.

One other thought - you may want to look into getting a 'Power of Attorney' before he goes, so you can sign stuff on his behalf.

If it makes you feel any better, which I doubt, I was told last week to expect a detachment myself 'very soon'. Afghanistan here we come no doubt!!

All the best
Old Jan 27th 2006, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

I know what i am going to say is with regards to a different visa, but my aunt (who is an aussie) and her boyfriend were applying for a visa and he was living with us whilst it was going through. (she was back in australia)

He put his app in in the UK as he had to be offshore, then it was at the back end of the app when DIMIA requested his discharge papers (army), he hadnt known to include them in the first place.

It held it up for abou 3 months, but dimia were great about it, it was just classed as extra info requested when the meds and police checks were requested.

Unless one of the agents says any different, I would suggest putting it in in June too. Surely as long as he is offshore from oz there wont be any problems??

Hope you get it sorted seacaptain.