bloody money!!!!

Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bloody money!!!!

The SS Visa should be like the partner visa, it should be a 2 year temp visa, once the two years is up if you have lived and worked in your state the whole time you get PR, if not you go home. Just like the partner visa, would be easy to control.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:09 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamE
I can assure you I have done more than read "a few news websites".

Quite frankly I find all this talk of fraud, abuse etc with regard to LEGAL use of SS visas to be completely bonkers.
Let me explain it to you this way:

Mr X wants to go to Australia ----> Applies for SS with state Y (whilst secretly thinking "hehe, I'm going to live in state Z") ----> Gets granted SS ----> Applies for visa X ----> Lands in Australia ----> Immediately goes to state Z.

Therefore, Mr X has received that visa by lying to the state involved and DIAC. So yes, it is fraud.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PamE
Quite frankly I find all this talk of fraud, abuse etc with regard to LEGAL use of SS visas to be completely bonkers.
We all know what's happening is legal, that's not my point at all. All I'm saying is that people make a deal then they should at least TRY and stick to it. At the moment SS is just being used as a massive loophole by people to get into Australia, people who have zero interest in staying in the sponsoring State.

For me personally, I think that's an abuse of the system and shows a lack of morality.... old fashioned I know, but there you go.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:13 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

For me personally, I think that's an abuse of the system and shows a lack of morality.... old fashioned I know, but there you go.
I completely agree.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by canadaeh
The SS Visa should be like the partner visa, it should be a 2 year temp visa, once the two years is up if you have lived and worked in your state the whole time you get PR, if not you go home. Just like the partner visa, would be easy to control.
Indeed.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:36 pm
Dreamin bout Brisbane!!

JoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really niceJoRobertson is just really nice

Can I just clarify at this point, that we are not planning on doing anything immoral, illegal or otherwise.....i merely asked a tricky question coz the whole emigration thing so far has been the most frustrating thin in the world!! I would hate to think my questions have allowed readers to judge my morals. We are a hardworking couple who want the best for our son - simple.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by JoRobertson
Can I just clarify at this point, that we are not planning on doing anything immoral, illegal or otherwise.....i merely asked a tricky question coz the whole emigration thing so far has been the most frustrating thin in the world!! I would hate to think my questions have allowed readers to judge my morals. We are a hardworking couple who want the best for our son - simple.
That's fair enough. I can appreciate that. I think it's just stemmed from other replies. This particular issue has a tendency to runaway. No-one's judging your morals! I wish you luck with the application
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JoRobertson
Threads have lives of their own. Once they reach this stage the original question is long forgotten.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:50 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Threads have lives of their own. Once they reach this stage the original question is long forgotten.
there was an original question
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:01 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Actually, I find the immigration situation quite interesting from the perspective of being involved with the UK equivalents, and therefore probably know more than what is on a few news websites. You are using that (as other people have pointed out) as a smokescreen. The point is, people do object to others cheating their way to a visa using fraud (yes, fraud) when others more deserving lose out.
Even migration agents will be upfront at the first interview along the lines of 'well I can probably get you state sponsorship from X. You don't actually need to go there....'
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Even migration agents will be upfront at the first interview along the lines of 'well I can probably get you state sponsorship from X. You don't actually need to go there....'
If a migration agent was actively supporting abuse of the system, I'd report them. Quite simple. I wouldn't trust an agent that encourages it.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:12 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gobsmacked by how many people seem to be getting their undies in a twist over something so benign. The next thing will be a Day of 'people who don't live in their sponsored state' Rage.

Why not direct so much vitriol towards something a little more heinous and unjust rather than 'oooh so and so has STOLEN a visa because they aren't in their nominated state' .......Maybe this topic has become a bit of an open wound on other threads but still......
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:15 pm

I'm gobsmacked by how many people seem to be getting their undies in a twist over something so benign. The next thing will be a Day of 'people who don't live in their sponsored state' Rage.

Why not direct so much vitriol towards something a little more heinous and unjust rather than 'oooh so and so has STOLEN a visa because they aren't in their nominated state' .......Maybe this topic has become a bit of an open wound on other threads but still......
It is being directed at that because that is what the subject has rolled around to. The reason people get irritated by it has already been explained.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

How hard can this be??

You (the collective you) make a deal. You don't honour that deal. You never had any intention of honouring the deal... it makes you a cheating ****er and if someone did it to you (and I do mean you this time) you would be up in arms about it.
I don't give a shit if what is going on is currently legal or not, or if they 'steal' someone else's visa. To me it means that the person involved is, at heart, a dishonest twunt.

Undies untwisted...
Old Mar 14th 2011, 10:32 pm

How hard can this be??

You (the collective you) make a deal. You don't honour that deal. You never had any intention of honouring the deal... it makes you a cheating ****er and if someone did it to you (and I do mean you this time) you would be up in arms about it.
I don't give a shit if what is going on is currently legal or not, or if they 'steal' someone else's visa. To me it means that the person involved is, at heart, a dishonest twunt.

Undies untwisted...
Agreed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.