Blood Tests

Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Default Blood Tests

Hey Peeps

Blood Tests, unless stated in the reply from Diac, does everyone have to have blood them?? My missus defo needs them happy with that! Wot about the rest of us, me and 3 kids 19.17.13??

Have checked the search forum found nothing, meds are booked for next week

Cheers

Rob
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:12 am
Sun, Sea, Sand and.......

Starlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant futureStarlite has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blood Tests

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Hey Peeps

Blood Tests, unless stated in the reply from Diac, does everyone have to have blood them?? My missus defo needs them happy with that! Wot about the rest of us, me and 3 kids 19.17.13??

Cheers

Rob
Hi Rob

Blood tests are tested for HIV, Hep B and Hep C if you work in the medical profession. Myself, Husband and my 17 year olf son had to have HIV, and because my husband has got tattoos and i have ears piereced (even though i have been tested for hep b and c before as i am a midwife) we had to be tested for them again.
The clinic where went for medicals state anyone over the age of 17 needed blood tests, luckily my 12 year old son got away with it!

Hope this helps

Starlite
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Hey Peeps

Cheers

Rob

I'm sure it's only me that has to go through the joy of the bloods (this afternoon in fact!) as I'm the one that's going to be working in the hospital. All the emails I got from immi said that my OH just needs the chest x-ray as he won't be working in a hospital - it said he'd need a full medical if he were to tho.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Thanks Katamina
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops

to quick with the trigger finger there!!

Happy that the missus has to be jabbed!! it's me an the kids i'm trying to find out about! all the old sweats dont bother with us newbies. where you off too?

Thanks again
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Whoops

Happy that the missus has to be jabbed!! it's me an the kids i'm trying to find out about! all the old sweats dont bother with us newbies. where you off too?

Thanks again
Hi Every adult needs a blood test and a full medical. Your 13 year old won't need a blood test but the other 2 guys will.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Every adult needs a blood test and a full medical. Your 13 year old won't need a blood test but the other 2 guys will.
They've only requested a medical for myself - my husband only has to have a chest xray on a 457.

This is part of the email that I got sent after I lodged my E457 application regarding my OH:

Please be informed that if ****************** during
his stay in Australia will be in a classroom situation, he would require
Medical examination and X-ray or if he will be working in a hospital
environment as a health care worker, then he would require Medical
examination, X-ray and blood tests for Hep-B, Hep-C & HIV also.

Last edited by katamina; Jun 18th 2008 at 6:28 pm. Reason: 4 hours sleep after 3 night shifts....forgetful....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops

Thanks again
Heading to practically the same place as you! Am going to be working at the RBWH

Oh yeah, had to have blood taken outta my hand to make blood tests all the worse - I don't let go of it too easily!!

Last edited by katamina; Jun 18th 2008 at 6:14 pm. Reason: being a duh! & forgetting stuff......
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers

I will sort it out, just trying to get my head sorted round the money grabbing doctors !!

See you out there and keep in touch!

Rob & Kim
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Domenic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
I am planning to work in health care at Cairns Base Hospital.
I ahve booked Chest x-ray and Medical exam along with bloods. Just wondering what seems to be the average charge, people are encountering??

Cheers

Dom
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers

I will sort it out, just trying to get my head sorted round the money grabbing doctors !!

See you out there and keep in touch!

Rob & Kim

Yes! We'll have to keep in touch cos our timelines are going to be quite similar - you are going on a 457 aren't ya? Saw you'd put summat on the E457 thread....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Domenic
Hi Guys,
I am planning to work in health care at Cairns Base Hospital.
I ahve booked Chest x-ray and Medical exam along with bloods. Just wondering what seems to be the average charge, people are encountering??

Cheers

Dom

My medical with bloods was £240 & xrays £126 for two
Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

temp visas only need bloods for main applicant if working in health environment, accompanying adults chest xray only. PR visas all adults need full meds inc bloods.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katamina
Yes! We'll have to keep in touch cos our timelines are going to be quite similar - you are going on a 457 aren't ya? Saw you'd put summat on the E457 thread....
Yeah
Meds will be sent by E-mail next tuesday! so fingers crossed for quick turnaround!!
Hopefully could even sneak under the radar for the end of next month!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
temp visas only need bloods for main applicant if working in health environment, accompanying adults chest xray only. PR visas all adults need full meds inc bloods.
Hi Northern Bird
Thanks, hopefully save me a couple of quid next week, but its in Glasgow, so that automatically means shopping trip! so woteva I save will lose in the next instance!
No doubt they will advise me to have them done, that'll send Missus off into a flat spin! cheers