Birth certs

Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:31 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Birth certs

Hi all,
I've just been requested birth certificates for me , spuse and kid along with medicals and PCC.

I have birth certificate of my child but not for me or my wife.

However our passports and high school certificates contain our birth dates. Would my case officer accept these as sufficient proof??

Do advise

Gordon
Old Jun 25th 2003, 11:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth certs

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Hi all,
I've just been requested birth certificates for me , spuse and kid along with medicals and PCC.

However our passports and high school certificates contain our birth dates. Would my case officer accept these as sufficient proof??

Do advise

Gordon

Hi Gordon,
I'm afraid not if they have asked for birth certificates then that is what they want. It also has to be the long version with the names of both parents on, i believe that this is in case a parent wants to join you at a later date (but don't quote on that).

Hope this helps
Debbie
Old Jun 25th 2003, 12:51 pm
George Lombard

Hi Gordon,

Everyone seems to think you're English. Perhaps you are, but your enquiry
comes up a lot for Indian applicants so I'll answer on that basis.

In some situations Indian school documentation will be accepted in place of
a birth certificate, but you should make enquiries through your birthplace
administration to see if a birth certificate can be issued these days.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au

"gordon_flash" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    > I've just been requested birth certificates for me , spuse and kid along
    > with medicals and PCC.
    > I have birth certificate of my child but not for me or my wife.
    > However our passports and high school certificates contain our birth
    > dates. Would my case officer accept these as sufficient proof??
    > Do advise
    > Gordon
    > --
    > ozzing soon!!
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 25th 2003, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Do advise

Gordon
If you contact the registrar in the town or city of birth they can provide FULL birth certificates in about 3 days.
There is a charge but I cant remember how much.

Best of luck

Tony C
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:18 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by crabtree
If you contact the registrar in the town or city of birth they can provide FULL birth certificates in about 3 days.
There is a charge but I cant remember how much.

Best of luck

Tony C
Tony,
I think we paid £7.00 per long birth cert. at Grimsby registrar office. They were very good Deb told them we needed them quickly and she did them straight away. I seem to remember they only charged us for one and she did 3 as well very nice lady.
Sean
Old Jun 25th 2003, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Birth cert

We went and got our straight away by going to our place of birth, after making an appointment with the registrar over the phone. We had to viist two town, for my husband and I, took 15-20 mins of waiting, a couple of hours driving. An option if you dont live too far away from where you were born.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 3:31 am
Mittal

Hi to all,

I am also from India. And same problem with me.. I have recently send
the documents and I also do not have birth certi... I have sent them
the birth affidavit and school leaving certificate.

Will they not do ?

Advise

Old Jun 26th 2003, 3:35 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Gordon,

Everyone seems to think you're English. Perhaps you are, but your enquiry comes up a lot for Indian applicants so I'll answer on that basis.

In some situations Indian school documentation will be accepted in place of a birth certificate, but you should make enquiries through your birthplace administration to see if a birth certificate can be issued these days.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au
Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know how it gave the idea that I am english. Perhaps it is my nom de plume which is the culprit. I am an Indian applicant and my folks are to blame for losing my birth certificate. They did'nt safe keep the document , once they admitted me in school.
The plus side is that my High school certificates carry my date of birth.

I will have to check if the administration here would issue an ante dated birth certificate.

If I can't get it, would my case officer accept other documentation viz passport, driving license, school certificates et al as valid proof of age??

Gordon

BTW: Flash Gordon is my favorite cartoon strip.

Here's a link

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features...rdon/about.htm
Old Jun 26th 2003, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default location ?

Gordon,
Are u located at India or outside?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know how it gave the idea that I am english. Perhaps it is my nom de plume which is the culprit. I am an Indian applicant and my folks are to blame for losing my birth certificate. They did'nt safe keep the document , once they admitted me in school.

I will have to check if the administration here would issue an ante dated birth certificate.

If I can't get it, would my case officer accept other documentation viz passport, driving license, school certificates et al as valid proof of age??

Gordon

Here's a link

Sorry Flash I never thought to ask where you are. I just made an asumption you were english.
No offence meant.

Tony C
Old Jun 27th 2003, 3:11 am
Leo
Brisbane in early 2004

Leo is an unknown quantity at this point

Gordon or Flash,

I believe the birth certificate that is needed should also have parents names. In lieu of a birth certificate you could provide a family tree with other proofs.

For your case, as you do not have the birth certificate, you could get an affidavit from the Indian Consulate/Embassy (if you are not in India) that will provide you the required information based upon your passport - Your passport should have parents names written - (yes, this is possible, done it before from US Embassy in Washington DC - they have a standard format for this!!).

If you are in India, you should be able to obtain the birth certificate from the Municipal authorities in the town/village/city where you were born. The translated version is provided in English with all the required information. Even if you are out of India, you could have someone else obtain this for you.

Hope this helps.

../Leo

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply.

Gordon

Here's a link

Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:31 am
M e M b E r

Default Re: location ?

Originally posted by hanu
Gordon,
Are u located at India or outside?
Hi hanu,
I am currently located in India.

Gordon
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:32 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by crabtree
Sorry Flash I never thought to ask where you are. I just made an asumption you were english.
No offence meant.

Tony C
Hi tony,
No problemo.

Cheers

Gordon
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:43 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by Leo
Gordon or Flash,

I believe the birth certificate that is needed should also have parents names. In lieu of a birth certificate you could provide a family tree with other proofs.

For your case, as you do not have the birth certificate, you could get an affidavit from the Indian Consulate/Embassy (if you are not in India) that will provide you the required information based upon your passport - Your passport should have parents names written - (yes, this is possible, done it before from US Embassy in Washington DC - they have a standard format for this!!).

If you are in India, you should be able to obtain the birth certificate from the Municipal authorities in the town/village/city where you were born. The translated version is provided in English with all the required information. Even if you are out of India, you could have someone else obtain this for you.

Hope this helps.

../Leo
Hi Leo,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I am located in India , So the latter part of your posting applies to me.

I've already met local municipal authorities. The first thing they saught was some kind of evidence (discharge summary, medical bills etc )that I was indeed born in the city hospital. I explained my situation and showed him all the documents I had.

The kind clerk has agreed to look up the old records( Year 1972) and issue a birth certificate. The problem is that searching old files need lot of patience and resistance to dust.

Hope he comes across my records and gives me the document.

My passport contains my parents names along with mine.

Cheers

Gordon ( Not Flash)
Old Jun 30th 2003, 4:48 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by Mittal
Hi to all,

I am also from India. And same problem with me.. I have recently send the documents and I also do not have birth certi... I have sent them the birth affidavit and school leaving certificate.

Will they not do ?

Advise
Hi mittal,

Did you send the kind of affidavit which the notary normally keeps for passport applications?

What was the content of it? Did you send the same for your wife also??

As posted by George earlier in the same thread, for Indian Applicants , school certificates may be accepted by DIMIA as sufficient proof.

Cheers

Gordon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.