birth certificates

Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default birth certificates

hi all hope some one can answer this for me.
hubbys last name isnt the same as his birth certificate. this is due to his mum marrying someone else now he took on his name but didnt get it done in any legal form.
we didnt have any problems getting his passport so
what i was wondering is will this cause any problems for applying for the visa?

hope some can help me
debs xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 3:51 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: birth certificates

Debs,

Me too!

Origional name was Jones. Dad re-married and became Morton-Jones. Passport is now Morton-Jones. I never got my name changed via deed poll or any other means.

As far as i am aware, it should not cause you a problem as your passport has the new name on so really is set in concrete.

I am sure that either Alan Collett or George Lombard will correct me if i am wrong but am certian that all should be ok.

I have not approached this problem yet as we are still in the process of getting our skills assessed but i am sure i have asked our agent this question.

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally posted by xxdebsonlinexx
hubbys last name isnt the same as his birth certificate. this is due to his mum marrying someone else now he took on his name but didnt get it done in any legal form.

hope some can help me
debs xxxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Debs,

Me too!

Origional name was Jones. Dad re-married and became Morton-Jones. Passport is now Morton-Jones. I never got my name changed via deed poll or any other means.

As far as i am aware, it should not cause you a problem as your passport has the new name on so really is set in concrete.

I am sure that either Alan Collett or George Lombard will correct me if i am wrong but am certian that all should be ok.

I have not approached this problem yet as we are still in the process of getting our skills assessed but i am sure i have asked our agent this question.

Hope it helps

Rob
thanks for that Rob if you do hear of anything please can you let me know.

good luck with your assesment we are just trying to get everything together for tra assesment

thing we are waiting for now is references off suppliers who hubby traded with when he was self employed then thats it get them all certified and sent off.

cheers
Debs xxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:05 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

No problem Debs.

I will keep you posted

thanks for that Rob if you do hear of anything please can you let me know.

good luck with your assesment we are just trying to get everything together for tra assesment

thing we are waiting for now is references off suppliers who hubby traded with when he was self employed then thats it get them all certified and sent off.

cheers
Debs xxx
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

hope some can help me
debs xxxx
My name is spelt incorrectly on my birth certificate and my wife's is a dodgy translation, issued by a hospital. It doesn't even have her mum mentioned on it but has the midwife. What use the midwife is now I don't know.

But this did not cause us any problems.

Good luck.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:47 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

hope some can help me
debs xxxx
Hi,

This might help, When I married I double barrelled my name and did it by deed poll.

It might be worth your hubby just doing it and making it legal so you dont have to ever worry about it in future.

It can be done on line www.ukdps.co.uk it costs about £30 and you can get copies from them for about £15 for 10 so it is not at
all expensive.

I did mine on this web site and it ws all done in a couple of days, as a child he would have had to have his blood fathers permission but as an adult you can change your name to whatever you want.

Good Luck
Kala