Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Biological father's approuval to get aussi visa

Wikiposts

Biological father's approuval to get aussi visa

Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:32 am
Just Joined

rociogaborit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What visa get me faster to Australia?

I'm French-Guatemalan, mum of a 3 years old son and 9 weeks pregnant.
My partner is an australian resident. He hasn't been there for long time.
I have a few questions concerning our trip to Australia:

1. What type of visa allows me to get faster there? Spousal, married?

2. Shall I declared that I'm pregnant or not?

3. Our 1 year relationship will be on Dec. We'd like to go to AUS before that...can I stay longer than 3 months because we are applying for the visa and waiting the results?

4. The father of my son doesn't approuve our trip. Do I need documents from him to apply to the visa? He lives in Thailand and only sees our son 3 months a year (on the week-ends).

It's my 1st time in a forum. If someone could give me some info. Thank you for your help!!!
RG
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: What visa get me faster to Australia?

are you looking at moving there permanently?

How long has your partner been absent from Australia?

You should always declare pregnancies. You may not get a visa if you can't have an x ray.

If the father of your son won't approve the trip, you probably won't be able to take your son to Australia.

Spouse visas are taking a long time to process. Don't count on being there by December.

Sorry for being so negative. Can you provide more details and someone may be able to give you better/more detailed advice.

Good luck.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa get me faster to Australia?

Originally Posted by rociogaborit
I have a few questions concerning our trip to Australia:

1. What type of visa allows me to get faster there? Spousal, married?

2. Shall I declared that I'm pregnant or not?

3. Our 1 year relationship will be on Dec. We'd like to go to AUS before that...can I stay longer than 3 months because we are applying for the visa and waiting the results?

4. The father of my son doesn't approuve our trip. Do I need documents from him to apply to the visa? He lives in Thailand and only sees our son 3 months a year (on the week-ends).

It's my 1st time in a forum. If someone could give me some info. Thank you for your help!!!
RG
Hi, and welcome to the forum,
You need to read the DIAC booklet on Partner Visas
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

To get a de facto visa, without being married, you need proof of 12 months living together.
You MUST declare that you are pregnant - and it will be obvious at the medical anyway I assume!
You will need permission from your son's father as he seems to share parental responsibility.
Processing times vary greatly depending on where you are living - which High Commission etc you apply through - and on how complex your application is.
If your partner is an "Australian Resident" not a citizen, does he have the right visa to enable him to return to Australia anyway?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all your partner need to have valid entry permit to Oz, depending upon which u can apply for dependent visa. His entry would depend upon the duration which he has spent outside Oz. Nevertheless, even if his PR has expired, he can apply for RRV (Resident Return Visa).
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your fast reply.

A little more info relating to our application / situation.

1. We would like to go permanently.
2. Have already completed the medicals for spousal visa in April 2010.
3. My partner has relevant and VALID RRV visa - its PR.
4. I consider myself a French national with French passport.

My question is in the eyes of DIAC.........

If we get married do we still need to prove 12 months together? and would it be more convenient to be married in Aus or Europe?

Thanks RG
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:37 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your fast reply.

A little more info relating to our application / situation.

1. We would like to go permanently.
2. Have already completed the medicals for spousal visa in April 2010.
3. My partner has relevant and VALID RRV visa - its PR.
4. I consider myself a French national with French passport.

My question is in the eyes of DIAC.........

If we get married do we still need to prove 12 months together? and would it be more convenient to be married in Aus or Europe?

Thanks RG
If you are married then you do not have to prove the 12 months co-habitation
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are married then you do not have to prove the 12 months co-habitation
But I still had to give the details (in great depth) as to when we first met, first got serious, first lived with each other etc.......

We had been married 8 years and together 14 years with 2 kids when I applied.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:53 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by itigo
But I still had to give the details (in great depth) as to when we first met, first got serious, first lived with each other etc.......

We had been married 8 years and together 14 years with 2 kids when I applied.
Yep, you still have to do all the relationship stuff, details of a shared life etc, its only the " 12 month co-hab" clause that isn't enforced.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly similar to the partner of this member:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649323
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JAJ
Interestingly similar to the partner of this member:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649323
Well remembered - so I'd already given them the Spouse Visa link
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Your biggest problem is going to be your child's father's objection to the child moving with you - assuming that if he lives in Thailand he has any say in the matter (not something I know anything about). I'd work out how to resolve that before worrying about anything else.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Default Biological father's approuval to get aussi visa

I have a 3 years old son.
His father and I are not married and separated since last year.
We never signed a sharing parental rights in Court. He lives in Thailand and I live in UK.
His not paying a pension.
This 3 facts above allows me to travel anywhere around the world without his approuval and have full costudy of the child (English law).
If I want to get granted the spousal visa with my new English partner (aussi resident) to live permantly in AUS I should not be asked for any document concerning his biological dad in the eyes of DIAC. Is this right?
Thank you for any info about this!!!
RG
Old Aug 6th 2010, 4:49 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: Biological father's approuval to get aussi visa

I have a 3 years old son.
His father and I are not married and separated since last year.
We never signed a sharing parental rights in Court. He lives in Thailand and I live in UK.
His not paying a pension.
This 3 facts above allows me to travel anywhere around the world without his approuval and have full costudy of the child (English law).
If I want to get granted the spousal visa with my new English partner (aussi resident) to live permantly in AUS I should not be asked for any document concerning his biological dad in the eyes of DIAC. Is this right?
Thank you for any info about this!!!
RG
Is the father named on the birth certificate? Does he contribute financially to the child?
Old Aug 6th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Polyana for your reply.

The father of my son appears in the birth certificate. He doesn't provide any financial support.

Waiting to hear from you soon,
RG
Old Aug 6th 2010, 7:00 pm
Home and Happy

Thank you Polyana for your reply.

The father of my son appears in the birth certificate. He doesn't provide any financial support.

Waiting to hear from you soon,
RG
I can't tell you the answer, but I know there are people on here who can help more. From what I have read though, if he is named on the birth certificate he is usually considered to have some parental responsibility.
However now you've supplied that info hopefully someone "ïn the know"will be along soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.