Best private medical cover for a 457??

Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice
Default Best private medical cover for a 457??

Hi guys,

Just been checking out previous posts for private med insurance for peeps going on 457's and had seen a web site called iselect.com.au...why not have a quick look and get a 'around about' quote... (I work for BUPA so i figured I'd at least half understand how it all works!) seen a lovely quote for £80 a month for both me and the missus. But then realised its probably only for citizens on Aus and people on PR visa's so I checks out Medibank as they claim they are no1 in Aus... visitors quote for persons on a 457... £155 a month for both of us!!!!! :curse:

Jebus!

Does anyone know of at least half decent cover out there without being given the bums rush so to speak??
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Best private medical cover for a 457??

Try these guys: http://www.aushealth.com/. Apparently it's cover specifically designed for temporary residents.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by AHamm
Try these guys: http://www.aushealth.com/. Apparently it's cover specifically designed for temporary residents.
Hi AH, thanks for the heads up on this insurer. Yes defo looks a tad cheaper. Could be the best option for me and the missus until we get PR and then we can have hopefully a much more discounted policy that you guys get over there. I work for BUPA as you I noted in my earlier post, Im also aware of the rising costs of medical cover here in the UK and now Australia. As much as having full medicare for free on PR, I know how adventageous it is to have private cover. I'm sure long waiting times on public healthcare are just as much an issue in Australia as they are here!

I noticed on you sig that you are coming back to the UK? How and why so?

Choice or have to? (forgive my noseyness! )
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jam76
Hi AH, thanks for the heads up on this insurer. Yes defo looks a tad cheaper. Could be the best option for me and the missus until we get PR and then we can have hopefully a much more discounted policy that you guys get over there. I work for BUPA as you I noted in my earlier post, Im also aware of the rising costs of medical cover here in the UK and now Australia. As much as having full medicare for free on PR, I know how adventageous it is to have private cover. I'm sure long waiting times on public healthcare are just as much an issue in Australia as they are here!

I noticed on you sig that you are coming back to the UK? How and why so?

Choice or have to? (forgive my noseyness! )
You're welcome, glad I could help.

Partly circumstances but mostly choice. Things didn't quite work out for us workwise and having a child out here changed our priorities somewhat. But it's been an amazing opportunity that I wouldn't have missed for the world.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AHamm
You're welcome, glad I could help.

Partly circumstances but mostly choice. Things didn't quite work out for us workwise and having a child out here changed our priorities somewhat. But it's been an amazing opportunity that I wouldn't have missed for the world.
Glad you enjoyed it. I did a WHV back in 04-05, it was THE best time of my life. Saw pretty much 80% of Australia. Showed me that you can have lots of fun and be surrounded by beauty on a shoe string budget. I lived pretty much in Sydney myself for most of my time... 5months! i love it so much.

Worked as a hostel manager in the Blue Parrot thats on Potts Point on the perimeter line of Kings Cross! It was Soho and scary for some but to me it was like home!

I know its gonna be so much harder going over the second time as this time i'll have so much more responsibility!

Who knows maybe you'll return back to Oz one day...
Old Mar 29th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Who knows indeed! One thing I've learned is that you just never know what path life will lead you down next!

For the time being, I'm looking forward to opportunities that have started to present themselves back in the UK. Like I say, Australia has been a great experience, but there's no place like home.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:43 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I can recommend www.cdhbf.com.au - top cover for $99 per month per adult (about 90 quid for a couple).
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tking
I can recommend www.cdhbf.com.au - top cover for $99 per month per adult (about 90 quid for a couple).
Fab Tking! i'll bookmark that addy now. cheers!