British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Best Migration agent based in London?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/best-migration-agent-based-london-628179/)

Pollyana Aug 29th 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Best Migration agent based in London??

Originally Posted by JaneNando (Post 7887398)
Rinkerdink, hi, thanks again, I must say I have read the spouse forum throughout the day and I am confused - you read the success and think I can do all that, other's you think, goodness what a nightmare!

I hope you don't mind me asking - did you use Ian Harrop for a visa application or just got advice? He didn't quote the £2K price that was a London based agent that did our first clearance. So it is worth a chat with Ian to discuss all and thank you for the last couple of words, the worry disappearing because you deal with an expert, and yes, I don't want the worry of did I or didn't I do it right. Less stress, with an experienced person advising what is required...........much more appealing, will end now, thanks again, will call him first thing Monday!!! Cheers! Jane and Nando :)

Be aware that most people on the forum are applying for Skills visas which are far more complex than a spouse visa.

Les Mighalls Aug 29th 2009 9:24 pm

For a spouse visa application, if:

1. You are legally married
2. The non-citizen spouse has not been married to anyone else before nor been in a de facto relationship
3. The non-citizen spouse does not have any childreen
4. The non-citizen spouse has no criminal convictions
5. The non-citizen spouse has no medical problems

then you ought to be able to sail through doing your own application.

In the above situation all that hiring a RMA will do is give you peace of mind that there are no errors or misinterpretations along the way.

That having been said, we often have clients in just that situation who simply want to outsource the whole process and just be told to provide this or that information.

JaneNando Aug 30th 2009 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls (Post 7888306)
For a spouse visa application, if:

1. You are legally married
2. The non-citizen spouse has not been married to anyone else before nor been in a de facto relationship
3. The non-citizen spouse does not have any childreen
4. The non-citizen spouse has no criminal convictions
5. The non-citizen spouse has no medical problems

then you ought to be able to sail through doing your own application.

In the above situation all that hiring a RMA will do is give you peace of mind that there are no errors or misinterpretations along the way.

That having been said, we often have clients in just that situation who simply want to outsource the whole process and just be told to provide this or that information.

Hi Les
You are obviously an expert, being an agent, do you have a contact here in London??

We are applying on the bases of a de facto visa - known each other since 1998 met working together, were always friends, started going out as a couple since Oct 04, moved in together June 2005.

If you have a contact here in London or I could email you directly for advise to your business email it would be greatly appreciated, or can you help apply for a fee???

Thanks for the information, just don't know the best way forward to be honest! Thanks again for the reply. Nando and Jane

Les Mighalls Aug 30th 2009 12:29 am

Hi Jane,

De facto relationships are a tad trickier than de jure spouse applications simply because of the need to provide information to prove the relationship, but as you've been together for that period of time you should have enough evidential material to meet the requirements.

Unfortunately, I do not have a London subsidiary. Our clientele is worldwide and we usually deal with clients via email, or else the client can email us and we call the client back using Skype at a mutually convenient time.

Skype costs next to nothing for most countries, and if the client is on Skype as well, then the cost is nothing.

Feel free to contact me via our website and I can either email you or call you, whichever is easier. It is 10.30pm here but I still have another hour or two's work to do, so I could call you back within the next hour if you are still on-line, otherwise I can call you tomorrow.

With best regards,

Les

wookiee06 Aug 30th 2009 12:55 am

Originally Posted by rinkerdink (Post 7887366)
By all means DIY,

I had alook at this forum and saw all the posts concerning worries regarding the 'simple' process and if they had sent too much or too little, whether there was enough detail or too little. I decided I'd speak to a couple of agents, Ian Harrop felt right and so far no complaints.

Some mange the DIY ok most build a case over a number of weeks/months and reams of paper second guessing the info that is required, for a whole 2 grand all that sh@t dissapears and you have someone on the end of a phone that actually knows the system. You will have no end of well intentioned advice on this forum just always be aware it is amatuer advice and normally honed to a particular set of circumstances. Good luck whatever you decide

The bottem line is, all the information about completing the visa can be found on austrilian websites.(some folk dont have abilty to understand such information). Chefly this is were the mirgration agents get their information.

i know alot people, which have built their cases, asked an agent to check the docs, and the information all there. which cuts the cost down alot.

Les Mighalls Aug 30th 2009 1:04 am

Chefly this is were the mirgration agents get their information.
Hardly.

The website, as helpful as it is for the general public, is from time to time, completely wrong.

RMAs principally get their information from the Migration Act 1958 and its Regulations, regular continuing (and compulsory) professional development courses and DIAC's internal guidelines for its case officers (called the Procedures Advice Manual) for which we have to pay an annual subscription.

wookiee06 Aug 30th 2009 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls (Post 7888786)
Hardly.

The website, as helpful as it is for the general public, is from time to time, completely wrong.

RMAs principally get their information from the Migration Act 1958 and its Regulations, regular continuing (and compulsory) professional development courses and DIAC's internal guidelines for its case officers (called the Procedures Advice Manual) for which we have to pay an annual subscription.

well i got an ebook of this manual from australian mirgration site,
explain that sooty:blink: