Best Migration agent based in London??

Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

JaneNando is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best Migration agent based in London??

Hi
We are new to the site and thought we would ask the experts! We have been dealing with a Migration agent here in London, only for the clearance before we go ahead with their services and unfortunately although we can apply as I am an Aussie citizen, my partner has British Citizenship - we do feel like the initial stage has been a bit of shambles and left us feeling like this may not be the company for us.
Can anyone suggest a company they may have used and felt totally at ease with. It is a lot of money to pay and they just got so much wrong and we feel nervous, so I would prefer to see if those that have done the de facto visa for residency back home could recommend someone. We appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from those that know best.
Thanks for your time..............we can't wait to go!!! Cheers! Jane and Nando
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Migration agent based in London??

Try Ian Harrop : http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

Spouse migration is usually straightforward, most people manage without an agent. Are you eligible for the permanent spouse visa, or only the temporary one?
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Try Ian Harrop : http://www.ianharrop.co.uk

Spouse migration is usually straightforward, most people manage without an agent. Are you eligible for the permanent spouse visa, or only the temporary one?
Yes we can have the permanent spouse visa, just speaking with the Migration Agencies it seems they get the process done faster so we thought and they advised he doesn't have to wait the 2 years for the permanent visa, if we do it through them. Thank you for the contact though.

I am tempted to try to do this myself as the information they require I have I was just worried it would take so much longer.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for the reply and the contact.

I am tempted to do the application myself as hubbie can have the permanent spouse visa, however the migration agent said they can process this quicker and we would wait for a long time if we do it ourselves.

The form isn't difficult just was worried it would take so long to get it done and they assured us 4 weeks for them to prepare and up to 6 weeks for the approval.

Do you know if this is the case? Thanks again. Jane and Nando
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It wopn't get processed any quicker if you are using an agent, and if you are eligible for the PR visa straightaway thats what will be granted - again regardless of whether you use an agent or not.
Spouse visas are usually straightforward as JAJ said, so an agent probably isn't necessary
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:00 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It wopn't get processed any quicker if you are using an agent, and if you are eligible for the PR visa straightaway thats what will be granted - again regardless of whether you use an agent or not.
Spouse visas are usually straightforward as JAJ said, so an agent probably isn't necessary
Give Ian Harrop a call, he'll be frank and honest and will let lay down the benefits of hiring him or not, worth a phone call I think
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thank you Pollyana, good to know that paying an agent doesn't make it any faster, appreciate your time. Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Give Ian Harrop a call, he'll be frank and honest and will let lay down the benefits of hiring him or not, worth a phone call I think
I definitely will, just took a look at his website and he is registered with MARA to. I will call him Monday, thank you very much for responding, much appreciated. Will owe you a pint when we finally get there!! Cheers Jane and Nando
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneNando
Thank you Pollyana, good to know that paying an agent doesn't make it any faster, appreciate your time. Thanks
No probs There is shedloads of info on here about Spouse visas so have a browse and you will find answers to questions you haven't thought of yet
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Will defnitely take a look, thanks for the advise as it all helps, owe you a drink when we get there!!! Have a great day, thanks so much, Jane and Nando
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

this agent is going to charge you 800 + vat to just to take your case, then he will add other charges on top.

I have found he gave different information compared to austrilian high commision at expo
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wookiee06
this agent is going to charge you 800 + vat to just to take your case, then he will add other charges on top.

I have found he gave different information compared to austrilian high commision at expo
Hi Wookiee06 - Thanks for the information, can I ask, did you use him? And if so, were the extra charges a huge amount as we have been quoted £2000 + extras.

And if you did use him did the different information affect your application? Cheers, Jane and Nando
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Im currently doing the accessment, so im in the same boat as you,

however there is another agent called imigration group, they charge 100 pounds just to check if they can help u.

however they offer two types of processing checking the application or doing youself.

i might used them to prepared the actual application,

however i prepared by assessment by calling around agents, and asking.

in your case, just call the high commison, perhaps easyer and quicker
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:08 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wookiee06
Im currently doing the accessment, so im in the same boat as you,

however there is another agent called imigration group, they charge 100 pounds just to check if they can help u.

however they offer two types of processing checking the application or doing youself.

i might used them to prepared the actual application,

however i prepared by assessment by calling around agents, and asking.

in your case, just call the high commison, perhaps easyer and quicker
By all means DIY,

I had alook at this forum and saw all the posts concerning worries regarding the 'simple' process and if they had sent too much or too little, whether there was enough detail or too little. I decided I'd speak to a couple of agents, Ian Harrop felt right and so far no complaints.

Some mange the DIY ok most build a case over a number of weeks/months and reams of paper second guessing the info that is required, for a whole 2 grand all that sh@t dissapears and you have someone on the end of a phone that actually knows the system. You will have no end of well intentioned advice on this forum just always be aware it is amatuer advice and normally honed to a particular set of circumstances. Good luck whatever you decide
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
By all means DIY,

I had alook at this forum and saw all the posts concerning worries regarding the 'simple' process and if they had sent too much or too little, whether there was enough detail or too little. I decided I'd speak to a couple of agents, Ian Harrop felt right and so far no complaints.

Some mange the DIY ok most build a case over a number of weeks/months and reams of paper second guessing the info that is required, for a whole 2 grand all that sh@t dissapears and you have someone on the end of a phone that actually knows the system. You will have no end of well intentioned advice on this forum just always be aware it is amatuer advice and normally honed to a particular set of circumstances. Good luck whatever you decide
Rinkerdink, hi, thanks again, I must say I have read the spouse forum throughout the day and I am confused - you read the success and think I can do all that, other's you think, goodness what a nightmare!

I hope you don't mind me asking - did you use Ian Harrop for a visa application or just got advice? He didn't quote the £2K price that was a London based agent that did our first clearance. So it is worth a chat with Ian to discuss all and thank you for the last couple of words, the worry disappearing because you deal with an expert, and yes, I don't want the worry of did I or didn't I do it right. Less stress, with an experienced person advising what is required...........much more appealing, will end now, thanks again, will call him first thing Monday!!! Cheers! Jane and Nando

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.