Best Doctors For Medicals

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:37 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re:medicals

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Whats this about men should expect an examination of the genitalia and women should expect a breast examination all about then.
Do you think that just boils down to which doc does the investigation.
If he looks a bit pervy then expect the full monty.
Better to wear the best undewear then just in case!!

Diane

We did not have the above mentioned examinations! Must depend on the doctor.

Jo
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:39 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Doctors For Medicals

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
We,ve got ours booked for 24 June.(Manchester)
It was approx a 3wk wait. Could have gone sooner but we are not lodging our front loaded visa app until after 1 July 03 because we need those 5 extra points for MODL .
Meds costs ADULT -£70 CHILD -£30 Bloods £12
Xrays-£25.
I don't think these prices look bad compared to what others have been charged.
I am not to sure about the sending the xray films to ASPC as it actually states on DIMIA form
"Please do not send us your xray plates unless we specifically ask for them or the doctor requests you to do so. The x-ray reprt form 160 is normally all we need"

Anyone shed any light on this

Diane& Jeff
In our letter from ASPC requesting meds it asks for the xrays to be sent. Our doctor said that the rules changed 6 weeks ago and that all xrays have to be sent (our doctor is doing this for us) regardless of whether they are normal or abnormal

It would not do any harm to send them and will save time if ASPC later request them from you

Jo
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by HeatherS
We had ours done in Preston last week. X rays £30 each, medicals for adults £95, children £50, bloods £30. The doctor was excellent, entertained the kids brilliantly.

Heather
Hi Heather,

I'm planning to get my med and x-rays done in Preston too. Did you manage to get them all organised to be done on the same day? Could you perhaps send me a PM with the doctors contact number?

Mark
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

We are having ours done in Preston at the end of June. You need to arrange your xrays first as they won't do the medicals until you've been xrayed. They do the xrays at Sharoe Green Hospital. If you send me your email address I will send the details onto you.
Cheers

Claire
Old Jun 8th 2003, 9:32 am
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by SILKY
CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR FOR THE MEDICALS.WE DONT MIND TRAVELLING ANYWHERE FOR THIS.
Only hubby needed a medical (i'm aussie, children aussie by descent) and he had his done in Hitchin. Everything done on the one site, all very quickly. Doctor not overly friendly but did say to hubby that although he couldn't tell him if he had passed he would be legally obligied to tell him if anything was wrong! The charges at this hosptial are £120 or £170 if you have tattos (which my hubby does GRRR!!).

He didn't exactly have an examination of his bits just asked to cough!!! haha -am i glad i don't need all this!
Old Jun 8th 2003, 10:15 am
Trev Glasbey

You should try the doc in Bath then, she was fit!

Trev

"dibrucewillis" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Whats this about men should expect an examination of the genitalia and
    > women should expect a breast examination all about then.
    > Do you think that just boils down to which doc does the investigation.
    > If he looks a bit pervy then expect the full monty.
    > Better to wear the best undewear then just in case!!
    > Diane
    > Originally posted by suffolkdiva
    > > We had our meds done at Harley Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    > >
    > > No more expensive than Norwich or Cambridge.....we just fancied a day
    > > out in London.
    > >
    > > Had the xrays done next door, very friendly doc, kids thoroughly
    > > enjoyed their meds and wanted to go again!
    > No real stress involved.... as long as you could walk see or hear, he
    > wasn't bothered. Didn't even have to strip off, and I'd put my good
    > underwear on especially!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:08 pm
Jeff

This may be a stupid question but do you not just go to your GP for
medicals?

"SILKY" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR FOR THE MEDICALS.WE DONT MIND
    > TRAVELLING ANYWHERE FOR THIS.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Afraid not. you have to have your medicals and xrays done by doctors who have been approved by the department of imigration. You can download the list from the DIMIA website.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

SILKY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
We had our meds done at Harley Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more expensive than Norwich or Cambridge.....we just fancied a day out in London.

Had the xrays done next door, very friendly doc, kids thoroughly enjoyed their meds and wanted to go again!
No real stress involved.... as long as you could walk see or hear, he wasn't bothered. Didn't even have to strip off, and I'd put my good underwear on especially!
thanks for the reply i was thinking of going there.did you walk away with your completed forms or do they send them off for you?how long does the HIV test take to come back or do they test it while you hang around?
many thanks
SILKY
Old Jun 8th 2003, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

HIV test should only take about 5 days to come back.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Silky.

We only booked the meds a week or so in advance. They also open Saturdays which may be useful for some.

We asked there and then whether we had 'A's or 'B's and if they thought there was any problem. The Dr was more than happy to discuss this with us.

We had the meds done on a Thursday, they phoned us with the HIV test results by Friday lunchtime and had sent the meds back to us by registered post which we received by Saturday morning.

All in all it we were very impressed by their efficiency and helpfulness.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:43 am
Pass The Post

Hi Silky.

We only booked the meds a week or so in advance. They also open Saturdays which may be useful for some.

We asked there and then whether we had 'A's or 'B's and if they thought there was any problem. The Dr was more than happy to discuss this with us.

We had the meds done on a Thursday, they phoned us with the HIV test results by Friday lunchtime and had sent the meds back to us by registered post which we received by Saturday morning.

Wish ours were that quick we'vve been told 7 - 10 days for test results!
Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

had ours done in London ,family of 4 £625 really thorough ,breast examination,you name it he done it.Need to wait a few days for blood tests to come back but he has also requested that i get a shed loads more info from my GP regarding husbands ulcer,daughters urine infection and my abnormal smears in 1980!!!
This needs to be gained by next week as he then goes on holiday for a month(which brings us over our deadline from theDIMIA

grr grrr grr
donna
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

SILKY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Silky.

Hi suffolkdiva
can you tell me which doctor and the address in harley street that you went only there are two different practises that do the medicals in harley street.thanks Silky
Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Silky,

I've thrown out most of that info, but just did a google search to get you a number.

It was called Travel Screening Services, located at 1 Harley Street.
Tel no : 020 7307 8756

Our Dr was called Charles!

Hope this helps and if you need any more info, ask away, as hubby will remember more of the finer details.