Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Best (and cheapest) panel doctor in Manchester

Best (and cheapest) panel doctor in Manchester

Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

carrie77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best (and cheapest) panel doctor in Manchester

Hi y'all,

I'm more than likely 99% sure I'm off to Adelaide in early December on a 457. (I've just been offered employment at a fantastic private hospital), however I have a few questions that i'm sure you guys can help me with...

1) Who would you recommend as a panel doc in Manchester area with regards to medicals/xrays, its basically for 2 of us (me and OH) but as im a nurse I believe i'll need a more thorough medical...how much do you think this will cost all in all for both of us including courier charges over to Australia?

2) Accommodation(in adelaide), we won't be flush with cash (i.e. no house to sell only a car) we'll be going over with about £5,000 between us and especially as it will be the holiday season(xmas), any suggestions about where we can stay temporarily until I start work (hopefully a few weeks after we land) and OH finds a job and most importantly won't cost the earth. Has anyone gone over with less cash than us? I'm just lucky that i'm earning pretty quickly after we get there plus they have offered £3,500 (yes £ not $) relocation which i will get in chunks over the course of 2 years....which im damn grateful for.

any help is most appreciated!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:56 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best (and cheapest) panel doctor in Manchester

We had our medicals in St John St Manchester with Dr Million. Great fella, really knows what he's doing. Medicals were £115 per adult, Blood tests £40 & X-rays £70 each. Courier charge was £40.
Not sure if it is the cheapest in Manchester but you can have it all done in the same place, on the same day & no waiting for appointments for weeks on end.
Didn't need to tell him were to send them to either like some dr's! Meds done 13/12/07, cleared by LCU & with CO by 10/1/08 which was pretty good when you think xmas & new year were in between
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We had our medicals in St John St Manchester with Dr Million. Great fella, really knows what he's doing. Medicals were £115 per adult, Blood tests £40 & X-rays £70 each. Courier charge was £40.
Not sure if it is the cheapest in Manchester but you can have it all done in the same place, on the same day & no waiting for appointments for weeks on end.
Didn't need to tell him were to send them to either like some dr's! Meds done 13/12/07, cleared by LCU & with CO by 10/1/08 which was pretty good when you think xmas & new year were in between
Hey Tawkins, thats good to hear, thanks for your insight!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

And if you dont get Dr Millon Dr Smith is just as nice, both are at the same practice and same price
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

I am in the same position as you. Nurse on a 457 with OH tagging along Dr Millon in Manchester was great. Very relaxed and informal. I got the immpression he was just going through the motions?? He read our form beforehand and knew we didnt have any serious health problems so was quite happy with everything. Being a nurse I knew he was'nt being thorough But..hey! as long as we passed! And he was very efficient Everything done and sorted in one day and sent off super quick

Carol x
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by scousercarol
I am in the same position as you. Nurse on a 457 with OH tagging along Dr Millon in Manchester was great. Very relaxed and informal. I got the immpression he was just going through the motions?? He read our form beforehand and knew we didnt have any serious health problems so was quite happy with everything. Being a nurse I knew he was'nt being thorough But..hey! as long as we passed! And he was very efficient Everything done and sorted in one day and sent off super quick

Carol x
Hey Carol! from one scouser to another! (raised in Toxteth, childhood spent in Old Swan).. Carrie is my OH but i guess im the other half in this case as she is the nurse not me! ol! Living in Manchester as Carrie is a nurse at the Christie and i work here now could you please tell me though... I know Carrie needs the full medical, tb/hiv etc but i've just been on the aussie immigration website and i think i need just a chest x-ray?? i mean they say you need a full medical if you don't think you meet health requirements...

Im babbling..but what exactly did your partner need (meds/xrays/bloods?)

Cheers!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

we rang manchester, leeds and huddersfield,

quotes as follows (im also a nurse)

manchester: per person:
medical: £135
xray: £70
bloods: £29
hep b: £29 for nurses etc
hep c: £41 for nurses etc
courier: £40

leeds were more expensive than manchester

huddersfield: per person:
medical: £85
xray: £56
bloods: £15
hep b: £15
hep c: £15

we are going to huddersfield on wednesday. checked with others whove been and all have good reports.

sarah
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jam76
Hey Carol! from one scouser to another! (raised in Toxteth, childhood spent in Old Swan).. Carrie is my OH but i guess im the other half in this case as she is the nurse not me! ol! Living in Manchester as Carrie is a nurse at the Christie and i work here now could you please tell me though... I know Carrie needs the full medical, tb/hiv etc but i've just been on the aussie immigration website and i think i need just a chest x-ray?? i mean they say you need a full medical if you don't think you meet health requirements...

Cheers!
All adults need a full medical inc chest x rays
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mad city fan
All adults need a full medical inc chest x rays
Thanks for that info, and to all of you who replied so far! Cheers
Old Mar 28th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

scousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nicescousercarol is just really nice

Originally Posted by jam76

Cheers!
Hi Jam76,

Nice to talk to a fella scouser I know old swan well, I was brought up in Knotty Ash. I now work in Toxteth! My partner just had to have a chest xray. It was a breeze! You'll be fine Good luck with your visa application and maybe catch up on the other side
Where about are you hoping to go?

Carol x
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scousercarol
Hi Jam76,

Nice to talk to a fella scouser I know old swan well, I was brought up in Knotty Ash. I now work in Toxteth! My partner just had to have a chest xray. It was a breeze! You'll be fine Good luck with your visa application and maybe catch up on the other side
Where about are you hoping to go?

Carol x
Hey Carol,

We're off to Adelaide, which is exciting as I personally have never been there. I did a career gap year in 04-05 in Oz and did pretty much all of it except for Adelaide. I mean it wasn't the kinda place a backpacker would choose as a priority to see or stay in BUT I'm going over to live and work not to holiday so after me and Caz watched 'wanted down under' on the BBC and seen how lovely SA was we took the gamble and decided on there. At first it was Brisbane on the wishlist and the Mater Hospital for her employers because of its good reputation but the Burnside came our way in a 'destined' type of thing and I truly believe this has all fallen into place for a reason .

Just an X-Ray? Thats what I thought when I read the government website, I think a full med it only needed if the Panel doc recommends it OR if we was going on a PR visa. I mean if i don't need it, there is no point as I will only need another one (more money) when we apply for our PR's later on. I hear meds are only valid for a year so if we don't go for perm until 12 months have passed then its money wasted!

So anyhow, whats your story?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

I am a midwife and OH family live on the Gold Coast. The Wesley hospital in Brisbane have sponsored me, so that's where I will be working. We are not sure if this is going to be a permanant move or not, but we will apply for our PR asap. Wesley have said they will help. We are just renting our house out here and going for an adventure Can't wait! We leave 14th April

Yes, deffo only chest xray for the oh. He just sat and twiddled his thumbs while I had my very brief medical.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

paulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nicepaulc696 is just really nice

Hi

We used Dr Smith in Manchester. same place as dr million.

they were really great had no probs. they couried the meds on the friday at 4pm and LCU recd them on the monday dinner.
hows that for service

good luck
michelle
Old Mar 31st 2008, 7:05 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tawkins1

Hey, we went to the same one Tawkins!!!! Cost us £1004 for 2 adults, a 15 year old and a 12 year old Dr. Million was really good though, my 15 year old starting sobbing when he asked her to underdress, then when she saw the needle she was nearly out the door! He calmed her right down, ended up just doing the basic checks with her fully clothed - can't stress how good he was.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:37 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I would definatley recommend him too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.