Best Airlines London to Brisbane.

Old May 9th 2002, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Airlines London to Brisbane.

Hi,

Can anybody recommend Airlines for one way flights to Brisbane, and what sort of money (£'s) should we expect to pay?

Ta,

Chris.
Old May 10th 2002, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Airlines London to Brisbane.

there is another thread open more recenlty called Garuda versus quantas, it might be worth a read??
Old May 10th 2002, 8:00 pm
jet
Forum Regular

jet will become famous soon enough

Hi Chris, I have just booked to fly to Brisbane from Manchester with Singapore Airlines and it cost me £420 inc. for a one way ticket. I have flown Singapore before and cant find a bad word to say for them. I know they fly from London and think it might be a bit cheaper but they are booking up fast, I found it really hard getting a flight for 3 weeks after I got my visa (after all this wait just wanted to get there!!!)

Good luck and Congrats....Debs
Old May 10th 2002, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point

just got back from aus and we used singapore airlines and yes we would agree they were very good, especially with children in tow.
Old May 10th 2002, 8:49 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

We were expats in Singapore before being posted to the US. Singapore Airlines is excellent, but *equally as good* and usually much cheaper is Malaysian Airlines. Economy seats all have individual televsions. It also has daily flights (I think twice a day) from Heathrow. You can even break your journey and spend a day or two in Kuala Lumpur (Or Singapore if you choose to fly with SQ).

You can usually fly with any airline to Australia via Asia and break your journey and go sightseeing. Check out the prices for:

Royal Brunei (no frills but cheap)
Emirates (Dubai) - cabin crew generally all British. Good airline.
Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong)
Garuda Indonesia (never flown with them - v.poor safety record!)
Thai
Air New Zealand (from Heathrow via Los Angeles)
United Airlines often has cheap deals to Oz.

Virgin Atlantic & Malaysian Airlines codeshare....Virgin Blue is a domestic carrier in Oz, so you could book your ticket as a Virgin flight but will fly out on Malaysian (they used to have Virgin stewards on the Malaysian flights at one time!). Join the Virgin Freesave frequent flyer club and you should then have enough points to at least make a journey within Oz or perhaps to New Zealand - miles are valid for three years.

Hope this helps!

Go to a site eg. http://www.travelselect.co.uk and you will get a choice of airlines and prices depending on when you travel. Also take into account that it is sometimes actually cheaper to get a return/round trip ticket than a one way! You can then just throw away the return portion.....or you never know you may get a refund or credit on the unused ticket (grins).
Old May 10th 2002, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying Singapore Airlines one-way to Perth with three kids (hoping the little tv's in the seats will keep them amused). Best prices quoted were from AusTravel, do a search on this forum, I posted more details a couple of months back, about £2000 for all 5 of us, I forget how much each.
Old May 11th 2002, 7:20 pm
Kris C.

Wow, what a good price. Going from US its $2,000 EACH ticket..which would be even
more in pounds but still its very expensive for a family. Needless to say I'm trying
to find pay to travel for less.

"Jacqui" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > We're flying Singapore Airlines one-way to Perth with three kids (hoping the little
    > tv's in the seats will keep them amused). Best prices quoted were from AusTravel,
    > do a search on this forum, I posted more details a couple of months back, about
    > £2000 for all 5 of us, I forget how much each.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 11th 2002, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies so far.

Chris.
Old May 13th 2002, 9:20 am
Thunder Ace

"Kris C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] y.com>...
    > Wow, what a good price. Going from US its $2,000 EACH ticket..which would be even
    > more in pounds but still its very expensive for a family. Needless to say I'm
    > trying to find pay to travel for less.

Isn't it the other way around. At today's rates, you would need about £1366 to buy
$2000. Picky I know, but it's still a lot of money for a single ticket.

Old May 13th 2002, 12:20 pm
Sampsoia

In an infomation pack from the Commonwealth Bank in London, there was a promotion for
Quantas fwith an additional luggage allowance of 40kgs per person. You could only get
it for a one way fare if you were migrating.

Give the bank a call and ask for the pack.

Old May 14th 2002, 6:20 am
Kris C.

I meant it would take even more US$ to exchange into pounds, say if the ticket was
bought from London somehow. It seems its cheaper if we fly to England and then get
tickets from London to Australia than going directly from US to Australia. Even with
a higher US$ costs due to the exchange rates. Gets pricey when you're buying a few
tickets. We wouldn't mind the chance to visit London on the way either.

"Thunder Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Kris C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] y.com>...
    > > Wow, what a good price. Going from US its $2,000 EACH ticket..which
would
    > > be even more in pounds but still its very expensive for a family.
Needless
    > > to say I'm trying to find pay to travel for less.
    >
    > Isn't it the other way around. At today's rates, you would need about £1366 to buy
    > $2000. Picky I know, but it's still a lot of money for a single ticket.

Old May 14th 2002, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris

Flew to Brisbane using Singapore Airlines (2 way) on Friday with 2 kids in tow. They were superb - have not got a bad word to say.

My wife flew same journey in January with Quantas - said they were also very good.

Both changed over in Singapore - the airport there is huge, and you can shower or book a room for 6 hours or more - well worth thinking about if you have kids.

Happy hunting.

Mark and Kelly

PS for all those longing for Brissie, it got up to 33 degrees yesterday (according to our hire car thermometer) - and it's supposed to be winter! It's wonderful.
Old May 14th 2002, 3:20 pm
Thunder Ace

"Kris C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] igy.com>...
    > I meant it would take even more US$ to exchange into pounds, say if the ticket was
    > bought from London somehow. It seems its cheaper if we fly to England and then get
    > tickets from London to Australia than going directly from US to Australia. Even
    > with a higher US$ costs due to the exchange rates. Gets pricey when you're buying a
    > few tickets. We wouldn't mind the chance to visit London on the way either.
    >
Yes, it seems crazy that you can get cheaper tickets if you go via London, don't know
why that is. You're right to take the chance to visit london on the way, it might be
some time before you are in a position to get there again, so you may as well do it
now. I plan to go via Canada to see some friends, and then get to the States for a
week or so. I know this will be more expensive, but I reckon if I go directly to Oz,
it could be a long time before I get the chance again.

Thunder Ace

Old May 14th 2002, 10:20 pm
Kris C.

Mark & Kelly, Thanks for the advice about the airlines, it always feels better to
have a recommendation from other people's experiences. Interesting to read that about
Singapore, I've never been there and its great to know that there is somewhere you
can stay while you're waiting..think its a wonderful idea especially since we'll be
traveling with kids. Gives you a break from the uh .."activity level" that comes from
long travels with kiddikins. *grin

P.S. Nice to hear you're there already, hope its wonderful for you.

bsftaylorm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Chris
    >
    > Flew to Brisbane using Singapore Airlines (2 way) on Friday with 2 kids in tow.
    > They were superb - have not got a bad word to say.
    >
    > My wife flew same journey in January with Quantas - said they were also very good.
    >
    > Both changed over in Singapore - the airport there is huge, and you can shower or
    > book a room for 6 hours or more - well worth thinking about if you have kids.
    >
    > Happy hunting.
    >
    > Mark and Kelly
    >
    > PS for all those longing for Brissie, it got up to 33 degrees yesterday (according
    > to our hire car thermometer) - and it's supposed to be winter! It's wonderful.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > It ain't the destination that's important, just the journey....
    >
    > Moo30
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 14th 2002, 11:04 pm
him
token local

him has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura abouthim has a spectacular aura about

Whilst VirginBlue is partially owned by Richard Branson and share a similar name to the other Virgin airlines, there is NO frequent flyer scheme in place that is recognised by VirginBlue that is, you cannot earn points through use of VirginBlue and you cannot redeem points for use on VirginBlue.
When Ansett crashed there was a tremendous amount of speculation re VirginBlue joining StarAlliance, however at the moment it is nothing more than paper talk.
That however may change when VirginBlue goes ahead with planned expansion into NZ, Hong Kong and other markets...

Given the option of flyer points Vs low fares, the australian market has overwhelmingly demonstrated it's preference for VirginBlue's current model of low fares and no un-neccessary frills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.