Bank overpaid TRA by 94 cents

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Bank overpaid TRA by 94 cents

Sent all our stuff of to TRA on Feb 3rd, got it back the other day as the bank cheque said $300.94. Didnt think the TRA would worryabout this as its hardly worth anything in english money.

Told bank who accepted it was their fault but had to sent the cheque back to head office to have it re-imbursed then order another cheque clearly stating just $300.00.

The main application for TRA has a reference code on it. Does my time for waiting for TRA start from when i first sent docs in Feb or from when i next send them.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:31 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank overpaid TRA by 94 cents

It will be when you next send them with the correct fee.

Cant believe they quibbled over an extra 94 cents though!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bridiej
It will be when you next send them with the correct fee.

Cant believe they quibbled over an extra 94 cents though!!!
i know, just goes to show how picky they can be i suppose. Wonder if the bank will pay the 2nd courier fee, as it was thier mistake lol.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:57 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

When we did our first TRA the bank ignored my clear instruction to pay ALL charges, including TRA's, and thus we ended up being $15 short (something like that...).

I complained to the bank and got them to refund all charges I had paid for the bank transfer.

If I were you I'd have a word with yours, they should give you some sort of compo!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 11:12 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
When we did our first TRA the bank ignored my clear instruction to pay ALL charges, including TRA's, and thus we ended up being $15 short (something like that...).

I complained to the bank and got them to refund all charges I had paid for the bank transfer.

If I were you I'd have a word with yours, they should give you some sort of compo!!!
Perhaps they thought the princely sum of 94 cents to be a bribe