The ball is now rolling............

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:05 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default The ball is now rolling............

The ball is now rolling............a little faster anyway (and forward)

looks like that Trish and I will be contacting Victoria immigration, via our agent, in a few weeks to see if they will sponsor us for the STNI visa.

We are just waiting for Glenn Newton to confirm that he is happy with my skills package prior to submitting for a TRA assessment then both applications can run cuncurrently so to save a little time.

I will keep you all posted of any developments, which i am sure there will be going by past history. But we still comeback fighting!

Rob
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:45 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: The ball is now rolling............

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone

looks like that Trish and I will be contacting Victoria immigration, via our agent, in a few weeks to see if they will sponsor us for the STNI visa.

We are just waiting for Glenn Newton to confirm that he is happy with my skills package prior to submitting for a TRA assessment then both applications can run cuncurrently so to save a little time.

I will keep you all posted of any developments, which i am sure there will be going by past history. But we still comeback fighting!

Rob
Nice one! Let me know the outcome of the TRA.
Good Luck
CE
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Rob
Hi Rob
Glad to hear things are going well.

Best of luck with both applications.
Just get used to the wait for the TRA back

Graham
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Rob
Hi Rob hope all goes well for you will keep fingers crossed for you

Debs xxx
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:49 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Thanks claire.

I am pretty confident of a positive skills assessment from TRA as Glen Newton, the former head of TRA is currently reviewing my skills.

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
Nice one! Let me know the outcome of the TRA.
Good Luck
CE
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 1:56 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Rob

Well done,

Good Luck

PJ
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:01 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Graham.

The clock is now ticking and i am crossing every day off the calender, counting down to the skills assessment result.

But seriuosly, i expect to be submitting the application in full to TRA, by the latest, the end of November. It all depends on what my agent, Glenn Newton, responds and comments on so it could be submitted as early as early October. but as you well know, things do not run as planned with this visa/skills lark!!!

Regards

Rob

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Rob
Glad to hear things are going well.

Best of luck with both applications.
Just get used to the wait for the TRA back

Graham
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 2:53 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Thanks claire.

I am pretty confident of a positive skills assessment from TRA as Glen Newton, the former head of TRA is currently reviewing my skills.

Rob
I remember you saying. Any tips you can give me, I would appreciate it. My brother is now going down the skills assesment route and I'm helping him so advice from the TRA guru would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:01 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Claire,

Not a problem. If i can help in anyway, then i will do. just let me know as and when you need my help. at the end of the day, we are all in the same boat.

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
I remember you saying. Any tips you can give me, I would appreciate it. My brother is now going down the skills assesment route and I'm helping him so advice from the TRA guru would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:09 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi Graham.

The clock is now ticking and i am crossing every day off the calender, counting down to the skills assessment result.

But seriuosly, i expect to be submitting the application in full to TRA, by the latest, the end of November. It all depends on what my agent, Glenn Newton, responds and comments on so it could be submitted as early as early October. but as you well know, things do not run as planned with this visa/skills lark!!!

Regards

Rob
Hi Rob

We have been nominated by Victoria but at the moment we are still waiting to hear from Glenn Newton as to weather the personal statement has enough info for him to do the application. It's been 5 weeks since we sent the certified documents via DHL and the suspense is killing me. If Glenn says that everything is ok then I'll be confident but until then i'm very nervous.

Which agent are you using?

Hope things get moving soon.

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:19 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Michelle,

I am also using Glenn. Just waiting for Glenn to ok what i have sent to him then i can start to document all the info.

Think that the only thing i will fail on is my medical. My stress levels have hit the roof since strting the skills/visa application.

How quick a response did you get from Victoria and what trade did you apply? I take it they will nominate you pending your skills assessment?

Rob

Originally posted by fozzie
Hi Rob

We have been nominated by Victoria but at the moment we are still waiting to hear from Glenn Newton as to weather the personal statement has enough info for him to do the application. It's been 5 weeks since we sent the certified documents via DHL and the suspense is killing me. If Glenn says that everything is ok then I'll be confident but until then i'm very nervous.

Which agent are you using?

Hope things get moving soon.

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:30 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Hi Michelle,

I am also using Glenn. Just waiting for Glenn to ok what i have sent to him then i can start to document all the info.

Think that the only thing i will fail on is my medical. My stress levels have hit the roof since strting the skills/visa application.

How quick a response did you get from Victoria and what trade did you apply? I take it they will nominate you pending your skills assessment?

Rob
It took SMU Victoria 5 weeks to get back to us and hubby is a Bricklayer. I know what you mean about stress levels all the waiting is just sending me through the roof. Are you using an agent for the main application? We are, I'm just hoping that once the TRA is lodged that it won't be over 4 months as we had originally been planning on going in the new year but it's going to be at least April now i think.

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:39 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

I am using Glenn Newton, the former head of TRA for the skills and then John Sylvester for the visa application, also of Go Matilda. Just hope that i can get enough info together for TRA. Have you submitted loads of info?

Rob

It took SMU Victoria 5 weeks to get back to us and hubby is a Bricklayer. I know what you mean about stress levels all the waiting is just sending me through the roof. Are you using an agent for the main application? We are, I'm just hoping that once the TRA is lodged that it won't be over 4 months as we had originally been planning on going in the new year but it's going to be at least April now i think.

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:16 pm
Living our dream!!

I am using Glenn Newton, the former head of TRA for the skills and then John Sylvester for the visa application, also of Go Matilda. Just hope that i can get enough info together for TRA. Have you submitted loads of info?

Rob
My hubby has been working self-employed sub-contracting for 15 years and we have had to go back to the start, we have only been able to get about six references from previous employers but have certified and sent in every pay slip, accountants statement, anything we could find to prove it. Just hoping its enough there is a total of about 160 certified sheets plus the personal statement which is about 5 full A4 sheets.

We are also using Go Matilda I've been in contact with Alan Collett through out.

What trade are you going for?

Michelle
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:49 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Michelle,

I am applying for a skills assesment for a Sheet Metal worker-First class.

I have one years trade certification through City and Guilds with another certification for the Engineering Industry Training Board and have at least 15 years work experience in the trade.

I am struggling to get employment references at the moment as all but one have ceased trading so i can only get the last employer to do me a detailed reference for 7 and a half years.

Think i maybe able to get an ex employee, supervisor, to do a stat dec for another 6 years but that seems to be it. the rest i will hope that a stat dec from myself, witnessed by a solicitor, will be accepted.

Any thoughts?

Rob

My hubby has been working self-employed sub-contracting for 15 years and we have had to go back to the start, we have only been able to get about six references from previous employers but have certified and sent in every pay slip, accountants statement, anything we could find to prove it. Just hoping its enough there is a total of about 160 certified sheets plus the personal statement which is about 5 full A4 sheets.

We are also using Go Matilda I've been in contact with Alan Collett through out.

What trade are you going for?

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.