Australian Visa !!

Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

LupiLis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Visa !!

Hello This is my first thread so please be kind . I am currently looking for employment as a hairdresser here in the UK as I would like to migrate to Perth Australia. I have 7 years experience in the hairdressing trade and have been told that I have to work 12 months out of 24 as I took a career change 3 years ago.

It suddenly dawned on me that possibly hairdressing companies with-in Perth could sponsor me! I've been reading threads on many sites and it has made very confused, Do companies sponsor British hairdresser any more? If anyone out there could help me get on the right track I would be very grateful

Kind regards
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Visa !!

It's highly unlikely you'll get sponsorship. Hairdressing is now off any list and there are shedloads of Australian trained hairdressers living here who are struggling to find work.
Old Aug 13th 2010, 2:25 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Nah no chance. Hairdressers will never be put back on the list again as well. It was basically a ploy to get international students out here and created loads of problems.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

LupiLis is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry its been a while to reply but I've been saying goodbye to my student friends as they in-bark on there new life in Australia; good luck to them!

Also I'm not sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. the Australian Government has submitted their new skilled list and Hairdressing is on it this is the reason why I have started my visa application with my agent, if anyone can help in sponsoring me then great if not I can still start my journey from here. Thanks for the support you guys have given me already
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:16 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

No it's not.

Hairdressing and chefs were the big ones taken off it was well documented in the media.

Its also been documented that many hairdressers have been struggling to find work and thus there is not point in hiring abroad.

No one knows anything about the future lists anyway because next week we have an election and immigration policy will change.

Your being scammed.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Geoff N Nat is an unknown quantity at this point

Weebie, do you think that nurses will still be on the list??
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geoff N Nat
Weebie, do you think that nurses will still be on the list??
Nurses are already there in the new lists
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LupiLis
Sorry its been a while to reply but I've been saying goodbye to my student friends as they in-bark on there new life in Australia; good luck to them!

Also I'm not sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. the Australian Government has submitted their new skilled list and Hairdressing is on it this is the reason why I have started my visa application with my agent, if anyone can help in sponsoring me then great if not I can still start my journey from here. Thanks for the support you guys have given me already
Where is this list you're looking at which included hairdressers? It's certainly not the up to date one from DIAC.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:38 am
Banned

Nurses will never be taken off the list.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Nurses will never be taken off the list.
Never?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:08 am
Banned

Too important of a skill. The Globalisation of medicine revolves obtaining the best possible overseas talent available. The tier 2 visa for the UK Immigration system is basically only designed to allow nurses easy entry into the NHS.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weebie
Too important of a skill. The Globalisation of medicine revolves obtaining the best possible overseas talent available. The tier 2 visa for the UK Immigration system is basically only designed to allow nurses easy entry into the NHS.
Mmm I'd be surprised too if nurses were ever taken off the lists. In fact I would expect them to be the last to go and that really would be the death knell for any kind of skills list.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LupiLis

Nobody here has anything against hairdressers, so it would not be "bad news" for us to learn they were on the list. But they are not. And if you have started an application and have paid any money then you have an unscrupulous agent. Hairdressers are on the list for a state sponsored visa, but you would have to have a state willing to sponsor you and at the moment I am not aware that hairdressers are on any of the state lists and most are closed because of the election.

You might think us people on forums are not legitimate, but we are not making a living out of this and have no ulterior motive. Seriously you are being taken for a ride.