Australian PR query

Old Nov 5th 2019, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

adityav369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian PR query

Hello Everyone,

I am a 26 year old single currently staying in Melbourne. I have completed my Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering in India in the year 2015. Then i worked with Accenture as an Associate Software Engineer (Data Analyst) for 10 months and worked in an another company as a Data Analyst for almost 6-7 months. Then I moved to Melbourne to pursue Master of Analytics at RMIT University, Melbourne. Through the course of my Masters i had chosen Math courses related to statistics and not computer science courses. I have completed my assessment by submitting CDR to Engineers Australia and have been assessed as a Professional Engineer. I graduated from my masters in December, 2018. I worked with ANZ as a Merchant Servicing Consultant (Contact Centre/ Customer service) from November, 2018 to August, 2019. From August, 2019 to present, I have been working with NAB as a Process Analyst (Business Analyst). I have completed by PTE exam with Superior English score, with more than 79 in each band.

I applied for Engineers Australia to do a Professional Year in Engineering, but was rejected as i had to apply for the same within 4 years of graduating from my Bachelors. I have already placed an EOI with 70 points for the 189 visa. I wont be able to write NAATI for extra 5 points.

The local agents have been advising me to move to regional areas, namely NT or Tasmania to either work for 6 months in the nominated field or study for 2 years.

Please help me out with this. I have attached my Masters transcript for your perusal.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 5th 2019 at 1:08 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian PR query

Hi, welcome to BE. I've removed your masters transcript, it's really not a good idea to put that on a public forum as it contains personal info, and isn't necessary for your query anyway.

HTH and good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 5th 2019 at 1:10 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Oops sorry for that. And thanks for letting me know. 😊
Old Nov 12th 2019, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adityav369
Hello Everyone,

I am a 26 year old single currently staying in Melbourne. I have completed my Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering in India in the year 2015. Then i worked with Accenture as an Associate Software Engineer (Data Analyst) for 10 months and worked in an another company as a Data Analyst for almost 6-7 months. Then I moved to Melbourne to pursue Master of Analytics at RMIT University, Melbourne. Through the course of my Masters i had chosen Math courses related to statistics and not computer science courses. I have completed my assessment by submitting CDR to Engineers Australia and have been assessed as a Professional Engineer. I graduated from my masters in December, 2018. I worked with ANZ as a Merchant Servicing Consultant (Contact Centre/ Customer service) from November, 2018 to August, 2019. From August, 2019 to present, I have been working with NAB as a Process Analyst (Business Analyst). I have completed by PTE exam with Superior English score, with more than 79 in each band.

I applied for Engineers Australia to do a Professional Year in Engineering, but was rejected as i had to apply for the same within 4 years of graduating from my Bachelors. I have already placed an EOI with 70 points for the 189 visa. I wont be able to write NAATI for extra 5 points.

The local agents have been advising me to move to regional areas, namely NT or Tasmania to either work for 6 months in the nominated field or study for 2 years.

Please help me out with this. I have attached my Masters transcript for your perusal.

I am not sure if you have read this news .Perth and Gold Coast have been added to the regional list. If you are gaining points by moving to Perth /Gold Coast then its worth a try .
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-...coast/11643316

Best wishes
Ravi
Old Nov 12th 2019, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply. Oh i didnt know that. So does the same rules of other regional areas apply here? Like work in a skilled occupation for 6 months or study there for 2 years?

Thank you,
Aditya
Old Nov 13th 2019, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

aussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Aditya

Since you have already submitted your EOI for 189 Skilled Independent visa ,I am not sure as to how things will work out for you .If your agent says that you stand a chance by moving to a regional area and working for 6 months in the nominated field then the newly added regions -Perth and Gold Coast should be part of the same regional network rule unless NT and Tasmania give you the additional brownie points that Perth and Gold Coast do not provide .

Also, have a word with your agent regarding this new addition of Perth and Gold Coast under the regional umbrella and if it has any positive impact to your existing EOI.

Best wishes
Ravi