Australian PR Extension

Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:24 am
Just Joined

vvv123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian PR Extension

I got my Australian PR Dec 05. After that I lived 3 months and came back to India due to some personal reasons. Since that time to till date I am in India.
Again I am planning to go back to Australia.
Here my question is, Can I get another 5 years of PR extension if go back to Australia now ?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

tomcruise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian PR Extension

Unfortunately there is no extension that you could get. I believe your original visa is valid for 5 years (please check the visa sticker to confirm that).
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vvv123
I got my Australian PR Dec 05. After that I lived 3 months and came back to India due to some personal reasons. Since that time to till date I am in India.
Again I am planning to go back to Australia.
Here my question is, Can I get another 5 years of PR extension if go back to Australia now ?
I think it's unlikely. I think you are expected to be living in Australia permanently. You're probably going to have to come here, stay for a while (a year or so) and then apply for a resident return visa. You'd need to check with the department of immigration though.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:13 am
Just Joined

vvv123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys