Australian passport photographs

Old Mar 10th 2014, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz_F will become famous soon enough
Default Australian passport photographs

Just a quick question regarding Australian passport photographs overseas.

Has anyone managed to get any done in the UK to the correct Australian standard? If so, did you use a professional photographer or are DIY photographs acceptable? I thought I'd ask before I go hemorrhaging more money.

TIA.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian passport photographs

Originally Posted by Gaz_F
Just a quick question regarding Australian passport photographs overseas.

Has anyone managed to get any done in the UK to the correct Australian standard? If so, did you use a professional photographer or are DIY photographs acceptable?
Yes, I have - or rather for one of my kids. We went to a Snappy Snaps store to get them at the same time for both Australian and UK passports.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz_F will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Yes, I have - or rather for one of my kids. We went to a Snappy Snaps store to get them at the same time for both Australian and UK passports.

Thanks for the reply: Looks like a trip to Exeter this weekend.

Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you don't smile
Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:42 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

When my OH went to get her passport renewed a couple of years ago at Oz House, the photos weren't up to the requirement. They sent her to a shop round the corner, again I think it was Snappy Snaps. Was done quickly and with no fuss.
My daughters need theirs done, so we're going to a photo studio. You can find the photo requirements on the website.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

heilel is an unknown quantity at this point

when I got my kids Oz passports done, I just took them to a passport photo booth.
I was very careful to read the guidelines and the photos were accepted first time.

It took a lot of fussing about to get the height, no hair in face, no smiling, frontal pic etc etc just right, but it all worked first time.