Australian Immigration

Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

gekk is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Australian Immigration

Hi,

Greethings from London. I would like to apply for Australian immigration, but I am bit confused about which category I am in.

At first bit about my self - I am a 25 year old with a degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I have nearly two years of job experience (will be two in December) after graduation. My profession is in SOL and MODL list. I have calculated the points that I could earn as follows.

IELTS -------15
Nominated occupation(SOL)------60
Age----------30
MODL experience ----------------15 (one year experience)
----------------------------------------------------------
Total ------120 ponts

Just wondering if anyone could advise me if I am right about the calculation, would really be appriciated.

I also been advised by a friend of mine that state sponsor application is lot quicker and it requires less points.

Thanks a lot in advance
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian Immigration

Originally Posted by gekk
Hi,

Greethings from London. I would like to apply for Australian immigration, but I am bit confused about which category I am in.

At first bit about my self - I am a 25 year old with a degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I have nearly two years of job experience (will be two in December) after graduation. My profession is in SOL and MODL list. I have calculated the points that I could earn as follows.

IELTS -------15
Age----------30
Total ------120 ponts

Just wondering if anyone could advise me if I am right about the calculation, would really be appriciated.

I also been advised by a friend of mine that state sponsor application is lot quicker and it requires less points.

Thanks a lot in advance
yAP U R right with ur calculations.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

I think you are on the CSL ( critical skills list ) list as well, if thats the case you may be at the top of the pile ( see changes 23/09/09 )

isr999
Old Oct 5th 2009, 10:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

IELTS -------15
Age----------30
Total ------120 ponts

Thanks a lot in advance
You can try the visa wizard at www.immi.gov.au
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

IELTS -------15
Age----------30
Total ------120 ponts

Thanks a lot in advance
Just be aware that prior to submitting a visa application for general skilled migration you must have your skills assessed and 'approved' by the appropriate body for your occupation. Their work experience requirement will likely differ from that used in the points test. e.g. in my occupation (IT) a successful skills assessment required between 4 or 6 years of work experience whereas the points were obtained for 12/18 months recent work experience.

You need to find out which body assesses your skills and what their requirements are.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Talk to EngineersAustralia for the skills assessment. Assuming that your degree is a B.Eng. from a UK institution you'll go through the assessment using the Washington Accord.

Are you British? If you are then you don't have to prove IELTS competency and they'll just want to see the certificate of your degree and the transcript, and charge you $200 odd dollars for seeing it and going 'yep'.

You'll have the choice of applying to immigration as either an Electronics engineer or an Electrical engineer. I suppose it would be best to go through the one which more closely matches your work experience.

I went through the electrical engineers route and that was OK. There has been a few posts here on Electronic engineers moaning that it is taking them longer to be processed. Don't know if that's still true now.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your repply. It just came in my mind last week about the whole thing. With you advises I think I can gor for it. Just one more question at the moment "How long it's going to take".

Cheeers
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for your repply. It just came in my mind last week about the whole thing. With you advises I think I can gor for it. Just one more question at the moment "How long it's going to take".

Cheeers
It will take anywhere from 6 months to 4 years depending on what visa you apply for and your own personal circumstances.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:17 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

It'll probably take you a couple of months to get your engineering qualifications approved by IEA
And you can use that time to get all your documents ready, copies taken and certified as copies etc.
Starting @ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...led-migration/
1. get the IEA web site and contact details at end of SOL, link at top of page.
2. select Visa Options and Outside of Australia and you'll see
175 visa - independent
176 visa - sponsored, either family or state nominated.

You may want to go for a state nomination seeing as there is a processing priority approach in place, a CSL occupation with state nomination putting you at priority #2
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Seeing as you have self assessed on points you probably looked at 175 and whichever one you choose to go with, make use of the Checklist and an application form print-off to use for a dry run, keep as a record,
though you could look at lodging the application online.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

It took me about a year from start to finish - start as in gathering police checks, skills assessment, reissue of my degree certificate as i had lost it etc. Immigration took 8 months to give me my visa.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:42 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

"though you could look at lodging the application online"

.... but may have to run spellcheck first - suggest the troll edition!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Thnaks everyone,

It's been a great help. I am going to send my papers to get the skilled assesment done. I have a bit issue - I would appriciate if anybody can give me an answer.

I did three years Diploma in Electronics Engineering from Bangladesh and then I have worked for an year as production engineer. Then I got admission in Bsc of Electrical and Electronics Engineer in Greenwich university in the UK from second year. After finishing the BSc I got a job as Electronics Engineer and working since - almost two years.

So, for my not doing the first year at University could be problem ! Can anyone cast a light on this please.

Thanks again.