Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian fiance visa for returned dutch ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?

Australian fiance visa for returned dutch ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australian fiance visa for returned dutch ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?

Originally Posted by huuuugo
They gave me a bridging visa class E for 3 weeks, so I could leave voluntarily yes, so I'd be looking at getting the exclusion period waived if possible...

anybody got any experience with that?

HUGO
Out of interest, why were you there illegally? Were you working illegally too, since I assume you must have been, and thus, given you were there so long, I wonder if that will be treated as such.

I just wonder why people do stay somewhere illegally? I know it happens here in the UK frequently (and p*sses me off enormously) but it is interesting to here an actual perpestive on someone who would seem intelligent?

Thanks
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

huuuugo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I just loved the lifestyle there, never even imagened that I'd fall in love.

But I did, and that is great, but had to live the illegal life, so not to have to give up my relationship. Eventually this of course came to light and we had to make a decision to either get engaged or never see eachother again. both of us then decided without any doubt that we want to spend the rest of our lives together and got engaged. then it was time to come home and 'face the music'.

Working illegally? apparently they assume that anybody who has stayed here this long must have worked, but our agent seems to think that it won't 'get in the way' of our application.

One never stops looking over one's shoulder though, it's a life of unsureness. There is many things that one can do (yes) but also lots of things that one can't do as a unlawful citizen.

HUGO
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, I just loved the lifestyle there, never even imagened that I'd fall in love.

But I did, and that is great, but had to live the illegal life, so not to have to give up my relationship. Eventually this of course came to light and we had to make a decision to either get engaged or never see eachother again. both of us then decided without any doubt that we want to spend the rest of our lives together and got engaged. then it was time to come home and 'face the music'.

Working illegally? apparently they assume that anybody who has stayed here this long must have worked, but our agent seems to think that it won't 'get in the way' of our application.

One never stops looking over one's shoulder though, it's a life of unsureness. There is many things that one can do (yes) but also lots of things that one can't do as a unlawful citizen.

HUGO
Fair enough chap and appreciate the honesty. Apologies for being nosey. Good luck...
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 3:31 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've just been reading it and I came to the same conclusion- you were on Bridging Visa E, after being here illegally 7 years, is that right? So to my thinking the exclusion period applies in your case.......
It does, but the exclusion doesn't apply to permanent visas, or some visas leading to permanency like spouse temporary.

All that said, there are issues in post #10 which need to be addressed.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 3:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

They gave me a bridging visa class E for 3 weeks, so I could leave voluntarily yes, so I'd be looking at getting the exclusion period waived if possible...

anybody got any experience with that?

HUGO
Why do you think you need to apply for a waiver?

Have you discussed with your agent?
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Our agent seems to be quite confident that a waiver is needed and possible to be obtained.

It says in writing in the link provided in one of the previous posts that it the exclusion period is in place because I was illegal for more then 28 days AND was in the posession of a class E bridging visa.

I'd like to take your advice, but can't get past that written information, it seems quite clear in that the exclusion period of 3 years would apply UNLESS a waiver is given.

HUGO
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 5:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

It says in writing in the link provided in one of the previous posts that it the exclusion period is in place because I was illegal for more then 28 days AND was in the posession of a class E bridging visa.

I'd like to take your advice, but can't get past that written information, it seems quite clear in that the exclusion period of 3 years would apply UNLESS a waiver is given.
Once again, for the purpose of the 3 year ban:
http://www.iarc.asn.au/publications/pdfs/exclusion.pdf
a "temporary visa" does NOT include a "conditional temporary visa" (such as a temporary spouse/fiance visa).

And the Migration Regulations are very clear. The 3 year ban is contained in Public Interest Criteria 4013 and 4014 of Schedule 4 of the Regulations.

However, Schedule 2 of the Regulations for the subclass 300 visa makes no reference to criteria 4013 or 4014.

300.223 The applicant:
(a) satisfies public interest criteria 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4007, 4009 and 4010; and
(b) if the applicant had turned 18 at the time of application — satisfies public interest criterion 4019.

This is clear that the 3 year exclusion period does not apply.

Of course, you are free to decide whom or what you want to believe.
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Ok, I agree now, as long as the subclass 300 is seen as a 'permanent' or 'conditional temporary visa' of couse, which no doubt it is.

I'll sent a email to our agent, and ask him if he agrees as he was the one that tells me that there will be a 3 year exclusion period in place unless waived.

Thanks for your help,

HUGO
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again, can you also tell me what the Public Interest Criteria 4013 and 4014 stand for?

Thanks HUGO
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 8:45 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again, can you also tell me what the Public Interest Criteria 4013 and 4014 stand for?

Thanks HUGO
Hi Huuuugo,

Just to set your mind at ease, Chris is a delightful person, I adore his wife and would be happy to engage him if I needed an agent.

FWIW we've just had a UK citizen client granted a provisional spouse visa after 15 years in Australia illegally and a departure BVE, so I'm sure that if carefully handled this will work for you.

Happy New Year everyone.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

My hubbie stayed out of oz for 3 years. When they gave him the ban they did say he could come back sooner, just not on a holiday visa.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Ok, I agree now, as long as the subclass 300 is seen as a 'permanent' or 'conditional temporary visa' of couse, which no doubt it is.

I'll sent a email to our agent, and ask him if he agrees as he was the one that tells me that there will be a 3 year exclusion period in place unless waived.

Thanks for your help,

HUGO
Hi huuuugo,
Just conjecturing a bit here, and JAJ will be able to say whether I'm right or not, but did you actually live with your fiancee here? You say that you dated for 3 years, and her kid sees you as a father figure, but did you actually cohabit? If so, if guessing that you may be able to go for a de facto visa straight off, rather than a Pros Marriage (fiance) Visa - shortnes the whole process to PR and put you on slightly firmer footing when you get back here.

Although would obviously be a break in the cohabitation due to you coming home, this would be explainable, so shouldn't be an issue. It would also mean you wouldn't have to rush into a marriage as soon as you got back here.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Thank You George,

We did decide on Chris because of his many years experience and he seems confident in our case.

I guess we'll just have to do the 'waiting game'. It's all up to Chris and the DIMA I guess.

Thanks for your reply to my question!

HUGO
Old Jan 10th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

renew
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

renew
Renew what? George has said your agent is a good one and you have said yourself that it's just a waiting game and up to DIAC now. Have you spoken to your agent this past week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.