Permanent job on working holiday visa?

Old Nov 9th 2018, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

brucey646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permanent job on working holiday visa?

Hi im 28 and a welder, im a single lad wanting to move to Australia but dont want to put my eggs all in one basket by going straight for a permanent skilled visa straight away. Would i be able to go on a working holiday visa and look for a perment job and if successful and want to move permanently would i be able to get a skilled perment visa while still there (without getting a sponsorship as you are tied to that company) and not having to come back to the uk and do it from here? Any advise would be great
cheers
Old Nov 10th 2018, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent job on working holiday visa?

In theory yes, but there are a lot of hoops to jump through wherever you apply from. If you qualify for a skilled visa, it generally does not matter where you apply from.

As things stand you can only work for one employer for 6 months on a WH visa.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Permanent job on working holiday visa?

Gaining sponsorship from an employer would be the only way to secure a permanent position, seeing as you can only work for 6 months with an employer on a WHV. A 482 visa can allow u to work up to 4 years, but you can apply for your skilled permanent visa within that time, kind of the route im looking to pursue.