Australian Army

Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

trippy t is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australian Army

Hi, my husband has recently left the British Army after 22 years service(left november 2006). A friend of his who leaves next year has just started the application to join the Oz Army - they are meeting up soon so no doubt we will be able to get lots of info from him as we are keen to move to Oz aswell.

I have a couple of concerns which I was hoping someone on here may be able to help with...so here goes...

*My husband is 43 at present..will this be too old to apply?

*Does anyone know how much trickier it is to apply once you have already left the army over here? I know it can be a lengthy process.

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help.

trippy t
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

charmed will become famous soon enoughcharmed will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australian Army

We looked into this a few years ago and my husband would have to leave before he could apply for the Aus army.

Also he had to have a trade that the Australian army wanted or be an instructor.

Thats all I can remember about it but there is ingo on the Australia army website and it tells you about age requiements etc for international applicants.

Hope this helps a bit lol.

Joy
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charmed
We looked into this a few years ago and my husband would have to leave before he could apply for the Aus army.

Also he had to have a trade that the Australian army wanted or be an instructor.

Thats all I can remember about it but there is ingo on the Australia army website and it tells you about age requiements etc for international applicants.

Hope this helps a bit lol.

Joy
Thanks for your reply Joy. I have just looked on Oz army website & there is an email address on there so I think I will try that next.

Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by trippy t
Thanks for your reply Joy. I have just looked on Oz army website & there is an email address on there so I think I will try that next.

Tracy
Hi, sorry...just hoping if I bump this thread up, someone in Oz may read it & hopefully be able to help me! When I put this this thread on it was the middle of the night in Oz!!

Cheers
trippy t