Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:52 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Was that ever in question? Of course it's not mandatory. It's only recommended when the agents employed are MARA registered. You still haven't provided proof that you use such agents. No one should ever use an unregistered agent, especially one that is found via a middle man with no credentials.
Does not an unregistered agent actually commit offences by working as an immigration agent?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Does not an unregistered agent actually commit offences by working as an immigration agent?
Only if they are operating in Australia.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:14 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Only if they are operating in Australia.
Understood. Thank you.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

tempy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dana Smith
As I have specified before, there are great advantages with using AUSFIS services.
Even though it is not mandatory, its recommended to consider it since we employ several agents skilled with assisting you to complete your application properly.
If you should decide to go for it, we will appreciate your cooperation. If not, we will wish you the best of luck trying to immigrate to Australia.
Anyway, as I have said, the decision it up to you.

Regards,
Dana Smith,
Ausfis.org
<snip>
thanks for the reply. I don't want to cooperate with your company.
Delete me from your data base and not contacting me anymore.
Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Keisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: AusFis company - is it a scam or legitimate?

SCAM.

I visited their website yesterday.

Red Flag #1. After filling in my information, I was taken to the payment page. Needless to say, I immediately closed the window.

Red Flag #2. I received a call from one of their agents from a zip code in the U.S.

Red Flag #3. WIth faux nonchalance, she tried to get my credit card info. How is your name spelt? What is the expiry date? Ccard numbers usually start with a 4. Can you tell me the rest of it?

Red Flag #4. The name I gave her was not the name I signed up with yet she didn't question this. Any legit company worth their salt would be hesitant to engage in ccard fraud.

Red Flag #5. She started using phrases from 'Internt Scams 101' like, ' I don't want you to miss this opportunity'. 'If cost is the issue, we can give you a discount'. ' If you don't pay now we'll have to cancel your application and you won't be able to apply through us'. etc.

There was so much pressure to hand over the ccard info and every time I kept telling her I won't be handing it over, she kept stressing the urgency of processing payment and insting that I speak to her manager.

I finally got bored of the conversation and told her that I dont' want to speak to the manager, I need to do some research into their orgazation and there is no urgency in filling out an application form and if they need to cancel my application then do so.

She replied with 'I'm cancelling. Have a nice day'. And hung up.

People, it goes without saying. Do not hand over ccard info over the phone.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, even I was under similar stress, but however I told them that I am in UK and I dont have any bank cards here. just to add the guy who I was speaking to told me that their website is very much authentic because there ads are on the facebook Google etc. I cant imagine even the smallest company would try to verify their authenticity by telling that they can place their ads in some popular website.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

rmdz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ausfis.org VISA SCAM SITE

Hello all,
please be aware of scam sites like Ausfis.org, here is my story just happened to me right now. I'm usually a couscous person and it happened to me...!!
I followed an ad to the Ausfis site and registered to find out more info about working in Australia. The next day I received a call from Ausfis representative informing me that would I like to keep my registration or be removed from the site, The phone quality was poor and the representative had a heavy accent, of course I answered yes and next he asked me some more questions like my address and other contact info, I was off guard because I wanted to apply for this visa so I gave him my info, then he asked me if I was going to pay with a master or a visa.... I thought to myself wait a minute why is he asking me secure information over a long distance phone call... so I told him no I feel uncomfortable giving secure information over the phone, he explained a whole mess of payment security this and that how paypal and other online site use this payment system... I told him I rather do this online where I can see everything I'm doing, he got frustrated and told me he is going to transfer me to another department where they would explain to me how secure their payment system is. After on hold for a while a female voice came on and repeated some of the info collected before and then she asked me for my CC number I told her no, she told me I wouldn't get charged if I didn't authorize it and this information is just to activate my account, somehow I fell off guard and gave her the number (stupid, never give out your CC number to anyone guys), she repeated I won't be charged until I filled out my online form, so I went online to log in to check out the form and I saw the info that was taken over the phone was already filled in and most of the information was misspelled or wrong, it seamed the representatives couldn't spell anything right.
I had several calls from this agency asking me to upload a CV so they could have a lawyer process this but I told them that I wasn't ready to apply and they told me that I've already paid for their service~ right then and there I felt so stupid and angry I requested a refund, she said she would give me a refund if I told them the reason for filing a refund, I told her that I wasn't ready for applying for the visa and I told the person who took my info the same and still I was charged on my card, she keeps repeating I would have to give a reason to get a refund, forcing me to give a reason and said that her manager will call me.
I got in contact with the manager and I told her this is a mistake, I didn't want to apply for the visa at this time and wish to get a refund she told me that she can't do that, I asked why, she said I already filled out the online form all they are waiting is for me to upload my CV..... and I confirmed the payment they have it all in recording. she told me that she can't give me a refund but she can give me a 25% discount or I can transfer this application to another person ( noway I'm putting anyone I know into the same shit ) or get their language learning software.....( I had a 12 year education in the states I don't think I need that )
well.. I filed for scam with scamwatch (and other Australia scam sites), I hope I will get results soon I hope people see's this and if you have used this agency please be aware you have been scammed you should report it to Australian officials. people applying for visas go to the gov sites, read the site and take links to officials that is authorized to apply visa's for you. be careful!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

musmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nicemusmanasghar is just really nice
Default Re: Ausfis.org VISA SCAM SITE

Issue has already been discussed here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660020
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

rmdz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by musmanasghar
Issue has already been discussed here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660020
Yes thanks, I've read it and I thought it would save more people from being scammed just to share my story in another thread.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rmdz
Yes thanks, I've read it and I thought it would save more people from being scammed just to share my story in another thread.
I am merging the threads together, we really don't want more than one on that particular company.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Axe
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ju-5cpu90t...scam+alert.jpg
Stay away from this company. Although their website is very well laid out and contains enough truth to be convincing. It is a scam. I don't know how people like this live with themselves! Even worse, I feel for those who pay their money then spend months (or years) waiting for a visa that isn't going to come when they could have applied through a proper route!
  1. The company's website is hosted in the UK, but it is in fact an isreali company.
  2. They have several such sites (such as USAfis.net and some green card lottery sites)
  3. They always hint they have an 'in' with the immigration of the country and their websites look remarkably similar to the respective government sites.
  4. Part of their modus operandi is to visit emigration forums and say how happy they are with the service received. We have seen this in this very thread!

If anyone has paid any money to this company, I suggest you contact your credit card company immediately and register a complaint and try reverse the charge.

For anyone else reading this, use a MARA registered agent!.

This company makes promises that they can deliver what other company's can't. But they can't deliver... don't be drawn in by the impossible!
Hi Axe,
I hope you have also read my responses in this thread on top of the other one.
Even though that according to this website we do not have any credibility, AUSFIS does offer a legitimate service.
We are a pretty young company and therefore need any feedback we can in order to improve ourselves and that can come only from customers like you.
I apologize if you had a bad experience while using our services or speaking with one of our agents, however if you would like to do some good, I will leave you my e-mail in the end of this message and I really want you to send your details and complaint so we can handle it hear.
Trust me I will do my best in order to help.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Ausfis.org
[email protected]
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

it has google ads so it is the first site to appear when i search keywords about australia... it might be a legit business but is not earning enough that's why their people are doing hardselling
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

ebanster is on a distinguished road

Hi Axe,
I hope you have also read my responses in this thread on top of the other one.
Even though that according to this website we do not have any credibility, AUSFIS does offer a legitimate service.
We are a pretty young company and therefore need any feedback we can in order to improve ourselves and that can come only from customers like you.
I apologize if you had a bad experience while using our services or speaking with one of our agents, however if you would like to do some good, I will leave you my e-mail in the end of this message and I really want you to send your details and complaint so we can handle it hear.
Trust me I will do my best in order to help.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Ausfis.org
[email protected]
how about you address the issues mentioned in this thread so we can see transparency on your company?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Dana Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ebanster
how about you address the issues mentioned in this thread so we can see transparency on your company?
Some of issues brought here are new even for me, even though the issues are new to us, we are trying lo learn from it.
However bringing up issues like a server location is easy. If a person is fixed on the fact that a business is illegitimate, he will use every possible rationalization to try and justify it.
My purpose it to help in specific cases of consumer complaints.
Since with the details that people leave here I am not able to search them in our systems, I tell them to send me a private e-mail. Using this I am able to track down a person's case and provide him a direct reply for specific cases.
We try to learn from every complaint how to improve our ways and hope to receive people cooperation in order to do so.
Hope this pretty much answer your question.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Old Dec 21st 2010, 12:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Some of issues brought here are new even for me, even though the issues are new to us, we are trying lo learn from it.
However bringing up issues like a server location is easy. If a person is fixed on the fact that a business is illegitimate, he will use every possible rationalization to try and justify it.
My purpose it to help in specific cases of consumer complaints.
Since with the details that people leave here I am not able to search them in our systems, I tell them to send me a private e-mail. Using this I am able to track down a person's case and provide him a direct reply for specific cases.
We try to learn from every complaint how to improve our ways and hope to receive people cooperation in order to do so.
Hope this pretty much answer your question.

Regards,
Dana Smith
Well I for one have asked numerous times for the name of your MARA registered agent and you have yet to address that. So, I will ask one more time...What is the name and MARN of your registered agent? I would like to be able to check his/her credentials before handing over money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.