Aus Police Checks

Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:24 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aus Police Checks

Can anyone enlighten me as to how long the above takes?

ta
Old Jul 14th 2005, 9:59 am
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aus Police Checks

Originally Posted by wargod

ta
Hi,

I have just applied for mine, on the form it states 30 days.

Maybe someone else can comment on how long it takes in reality.

You need to pay $36 and provide copy of passport.
I have attached AFP application form.

Good luck
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1101.pdf (31.7 KB, 163 views)
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:53 am
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by timk
Hi,

I have just applied for mine, on the form it states 30 days.

Maybe someone else can comment on how long it takes in reality.

You need to pay $36 and provide copy of passport.
I have attached AFP application form.

Good luck
Tim
we have just got ours back, they took 4 weeks!!! another unneeded delay to the whole process. good luck x loidy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:26 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loidy
we have just got ours back, they took 4 weeks!!! another unneeded delay to the whole process. good luck x loidy
Thanks for that - i have requested mine last weel - so at least another couple to wait - thanks again.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:27 pm
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for that - i have requested mine last weel - so at least another couple to wait - thanks again.
they are quite quick at getting back to you if you email them. i did last weekend and had a reply monday to say it was done and sent off that day. i emailed them after about 25 days so they dont mind...x loidy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 3:33 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

ta
HI by law they have to be back within 40 days ours took 4 weeks.

Good luck Possoms
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
HI by law they have to be back within 40 days ours took 4 weeks.

Good luck Possoms
As far as I know the '40 day' rule applies to *UK* police checks. This thread is about Australian checks.

Jeremy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:19 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
As far as I know the '40 day' rule applies to *UK* police checks. This thread is about Australian checks.

Jeremy
Ooops sorry I just presumed it meant Police checks for Oz and the op is in Bristol.

Sorry for the cock up
Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loidy
There's no reason for any delay if one anticipates requests like this and gets the police check in advance.

Jeremy
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:09 pm
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
There's no reason for any delay if one anticipates requests like this and gets the police check in advance.

Jeremy
I was not expecting to be asked for a AFP check as I have only spent 10 weeks in Oz in the last 10 years. My case officer requested me to send one because I overstayed a WHV by a month 15 years ago.

Tim
Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:07 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

It's up to the descretion of the case officer. I was only in Oz 11 months on a WHV and I needed one, so there is no set rule.

My Aus police check took a couple of weeks or so, nothing major.

Good Luck!