Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE - SO MANY OF YOU AT LAST!! WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ALL THE BEST DOWN UNDER

LOVE THAT PICTURE MELLIEPOO!!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by kjc79
2 WEEKS IN
so its been 2 weeks since we arrived in adelaide and it feels so much longer - in a good way -.
the flights were good but long, my kids did us proud. singapore airport was lovely but the weather was so humid.
we had a family convoy to say goodbye which was actually okay but i think it was more down to the fact that the kids kept my mind occupied and so had to be strong and not full on cry although a few tears were shed.

we arranged the meet and greet service and were taken to our 3 week holiday home in morpett vale. the house is lovely and is seems a good location to get too and from to explore.
Liz who owns the house we are renting also was our meet and greet and took us to a cheerful little car hire place to get us a cheap rental
to get us around for a week, which it did in fairness, although there were a few extra sqeeks than you could be happy with but for £75 for the week it did us proud.LOLx
would reccommend liz and nick who own kp rentals as any smallest thing we
have needed to know they have helped us with nothing is too much trouble - thankyou xx

The first couple of days were a bit of a blur as I was waking up at 5/6am and needing to go back to bed by 5pm I was shatterd G and the kids seemed to be better.

We mooched around the local shopping centre and got a few bits on the saturday and started the rental search on the sunday where, still with jet lag, were greeted with a very 'unhappy because we are english immigrants trying to rent a house'realater from Happy Vally who wouldnt give us the time of day and we were advised by him that we will not find it easy to get a longer term rental as all the people before us have not done us any favours as they have broken leases etc - this damped our exciting new journey for that day but thankfully he has been the only sullen
person we have met.
Everyone seems so much friendlier which makes you smile.

Cant remember what day but we drove down to victor harbour to have a look what was where.Victor Harbour is a lovely place and it didnt take much time to get there at all and found an activity park that we will return too when its a little warmer down there.driving back we went via Mclaren Vale and from first looking my reaction was 'I want to buy here'. it looks a nice towny place
but less busy even compared to morpettvale,reynella and woodcroft areas which i was origionally researching as longer term rental areas.

on tuesday we went back to Mclaren Vale real estate agents to get their rental lists and the lady at one offered us her rental house if we liked it. we drove to look at it and agreed to rent it and are at present living between two houses and our shipped stuff is arriving on monday.YAY!

we will be living in moana so been doing quite a bit of driving round.Drove form moana to holiday rental with no sat nav tonight!!and its sooo dark
kids started moana primary last monday and seem to enjoy it so thats one thing sorted now. need to get them into a football/soccor training and was
advised by the lady at bunnings they do it at seaford rec centre??

most stuff bought now and lots of monies spent but we should be set up for the next 10 years.

we Would highly reccommend Kia on south road too for buying a car.Liz reccommeded to go there and from our experience and comparing it to another we bought the second car from and lots of car sale places, they have the best with customer service and are the friendliest sales staff no hard sell tatics but brews and a chat about everything but lol x the other car sales place (in the city) wasnt half as proffessional and came with us for test drive!
and now have noticed that the brakes kinda squeek although the history say that they were fully changed only 8 months ago? another monday job!also booking it in with kia for a valet as there is still what seems like dog hair and grime in it runs okay apart form that and its a manual.

We went to Cleland wildlife park last sunday before the kids started school as they have been a bit bored with all the shopping and they needed to
be cheered up. there is only so much looking at beds and fridges a small child can take.They loved it.Feeding the kangaroos and holding the koala.
they were fascinated, especially connor, with the snakes as it was feeding time on the sunday so he intently watched as they pounced and devowered
the rather large mice.got the year pass as they are keen to go back.

got the boring mandatory medicare & family assist forms done, driving licences changed, internet set up and p.o box bought for now.The days seemed to have run away from us and am enjoying adelaide so so far so good. just need to get jobs now and make some friends

sorry to have waffled, and have a good journey to all those who are arriving soon.

ps the cheescake is sooo nice. lol x
kath xx
G'day Kath,
Joanne and Lee here, arrived in Adelaide yesterday. Up at silly hour as we are suffering from jet lag. This is our first day here. We are very happy with our rental. Bit pricy but very nice. Going into CBD today to open our Westpac accounts. Then we are going to do very much the same as you. How exciting is this.
Must point out that our first impression was a little scary. The journey from the airport wasn't too impressive. So to all of you who will be joining us soon. Don't take any notice, I promise you it does get better. By the way I was freezing when I arrived. So pack a jumper. LOL.
Keep you posted.
Joanne and Lee xx

Last edited by Lee and Joanne; Jul 3rd 2008 at 9:25 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants / SIR 495

So pleased for all those visa holders this week !!! Glad DIAC are working again !!

Is there and more of us "bottom of the list SIR 495 visa applicants out there ?"

When will it be our turn ??????

Support please ??
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

hrubieszowianka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants / SIR 495

Originally Posted by The2ofus
So pleased for all those visa holders this week !!! Glad DIAC are working again !!

Is there and more of us "bottom of the list SIR 495 visa applicants out there ?"

When will it be our turn ??????

Support please ??
I must be at the bottom of the pile. Still waiting and hoping to hear soon.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by melliepoo
Oh yeah baby...

I am in visa town tonight!!!!!

Waiting since 28.08.07 and now we have it!!!

Mel x
NICE PIC!!! Nothing like seeing a man's bum first thing in the morning!!!

CONGRATULATIONS

More and more of us are in visa town, lets hope its population increases some more today.

Caroline x
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hrubieszowianka
I must be at the bottom of the pile. Still waiting and hoping to hear soon.
My friend is going through the same, she applied 8 days after me and is also still waiting. Its bloody awful for you lot STILL waiting.

This is my last day at work, not looking forward to it! Lol. Bet the girls have the flags out hehehe. I work in the kitchen at a academy and I will so miss the girls and the kids. I think a few tears will be shed today.
They took me out last Sat. Went for a ride in a hugh pink sheelas wheels limo,was greated by 2 big blow up kangaroos and I was made to wear a corked hat the whole night. Got really pissed and spent the following day in bed lol.

Sad day ahead!

Love Shabee
x

Last edited by shabee; Jul 3rd 2008 at 8:05 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

[

This is my last day at work, not looking forward to it! Lol. Bet the girls have the flags out hehehe. I work in the kitchen at a academy and I will so miss the girls and the kids. I think a few tears will be shed today.
They took me out last Sat. Went for a ride in a hugh pink sheelas wheels limo,was greated by 2 big blow up kangaroos and I was made to wear a corked hat the whole night. Got really pissed and spent the following day in bed lol.

Sad day ahead!

Love Shabee
x[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good night to me Glad you enjoyed!!!

Best of luck for your last day at work.

When do you leave for Oz?

Lynn xx
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:54 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by melliepoo
Oh yeah baby...

I am in visa town tonight!!!!!

Waiting since 28.08.07 and now we have it!!!

Mel x
Well Done you! Feels good, doesn't it?

Love Vic
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:56 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
G'day Kath,
Joanne and Lee here, arrived in Adelaide yesterday. Up at silly hour as we are suffering from jet lag. This is our first day here. We are very happy with our rental. Bit pricy but very nice. Going into CBD today to open our Westpac accounts. Then we are going to do very much the same as you. How exciting is this.
Must point out that our first impression was a little scary. The journey from the airport wasn't too impressive. So to all of you who will be joining us soon. Don't take any notice, I promise you it does get better. By the way I was freezing when I arrived. So pack a jumper. LOL.
Keep you posted.
Joanne and Lee xx
Glad you've arrived safely! Lots of luck for settling in

Love Vic X
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody knows where the medicals head to when done in australia? I wrote to LCU asking about my medicals but the didn't find them and told me that whether I did the medicals in Australia they weren't send to Health Operations in Sydney.

Daniel
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Shabee...

I hope your last day at work went well, my last day isnt until sept 30th but i know already how hard it will be, the girls i work with are the best! i work in a nursery and will miss the children so much too,
Loved the sound of your night out, was thinking of a limo too, get some pics on facebook lovie......... i love pissed up pics, especially involving big blow up kangaroos lol
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:28 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr.benn
GUESS WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!
what come on spill.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:36 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Is there room for 5 more in visa town????

WE'VE GOT OUR VISA.

Can't quite believe it after all the waiting, even more pleased as we completed the whole process by ourselves.

Now have to choose the right time to tell our children (9, 7 and 5) they will be moving to Australia - dreading this, but I know they will be fine.

Don't know when we will be going as we have yet to sell our house but it is great knowing we WILL be going to live in Australia.

Thank you all for your support during the whole process.

Fingers crossed for all those still waiting, hope you hear very soon.

Mary
Old Jul 4th 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Is there room for 5 more in visa town????

WE'VE GOT OUR VISA.

Can't quite believe it after all the waiting, even more pleased as we completed the whole process by ourselves.

Now have to choose the right time to tell our children (9, 7 and 5) they will be moving to Australia - dreading this, but I know they will be fine.

Don't know when we will be going as we have yet to sell our house but it is great knowing we WILL be going to live in Australia.

Thank you all for your support during the whole process.

Fingers crossed for all those still waiting, hope you hear very soon.

Mary

Congratulations,

ps told you I'd wait for you

Gillian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.