Wikiposts

August 2005 Skilled Independent - who??

Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:21 am
Just Joined

TRACEY TURTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: August 2005 Skilled Independent - who??

Originally Posted by WendyC
Do you have an agent??

If yes then get them to find out what is going on for you.

If not then give them a ring and see what the hold up is, you really should have heard something by now. It may be that you haven't received their e-mail with your grant. It's not unheard of to find an e-mail in the spam filter.

Contact details are here http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...united_kingdom

If you ring after 10pm on Sunday night there should be someone there.

Good luck

hi
yes we have an agent we thought we had waited a long time but have had nothing will call agent tomorrow to c what thay say sick of checkin e mails were with oe visas
Old Apr 30th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: August 2005 Skilled Independent - who??

Hi there
I just thought I'd keep this thread alive as I too am one of the August non MODL people and it looks like we are all in the same boat on this thread! My meds were sent on the 12th April so its been two weeks and counting. Im a bit torn between hoping I get the request for $100k soon as I am still trying to find a way to raise it! I'd be interested on how everyone else is getting on? All the best
Kelly x
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

hobbes24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi there
I just thought I'd keep this thread alive as I too am one of the August non MODL people and it looks like we are all in the same boat on this thread! My meds were sent on the 12th April so its been two weeks and counting. Im a bit torn between hoping I get the request for $100k soon as I am still trying to find a way to raise it! I'd be interested on how everyone else is getting on? All the best
Kelly x

hello kelly,

we're in the same boat...non modl skilled independent. submitted my application 04/08/2005, medicals done unrequested 09/11/2005, DIMA called my employer for reference check last march 21. Upto now, no word from my agent or ASPC and waiting is a killer!

hope you don't mind me asking what's the $100k for?

thanks,

hobbes
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes24
hello kelly,

we're in the same boat...non modl skilled independent. submitted my application 04/08/2005, medicals done unrequested 09/11/2005, DIMA called my employer for reference check last march 21. Upto now, no word from my agent or ASPC and waiting is a killer!

hope you don't mind me asking what's the $100k for?

thanks,

hobbes
Hi Hobbes
I didn't front load my medicals which DOES seem to speed things up at the start judging by other peoples timelines. I don't think they've made the call to my employer yet, I was a bit worried about that as I haven't told them I'm going given half the chance! The $100K was to get 5 more points as I was short. You basically have to pay this into the OZ government for 12 months and get it back with interest at the end. The worse thing is when they request it which could be 2 weeks after the meds are sent or 3 months, you then have a certain limited time period to pay it or your visa is refused. The amount of time differs from person to person, I've heard 30 days for some and 60 for others.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Hobbes
I didn't front load my medicals which DOES seem to speed things up at the start judging by other peoples timelines. I don't think they've made the call to my employer yet, I was a bit worried about that as I haven't told them I'm going given half the chance! The $100K was to get 5 more points as I was short. You basically have to pay this into the OZ government for 12 months and get it back with interest at the end. The worse thing is when they request it which could be 2 weeks after the meds are sent or 3 months, you then have a certain limited time period to pay it or your visa is refused. The amount of time differs from person to person, I've heard 30 days for some and 60 for others.
hello kelly,

thanks for the prompt reply. in my case, i decided to front load the medical since i have a previous medical condition...really wanted to make sure if i'll run into trouble with my medical...thank goodness everything's ok. now, all i have to worry about is whether our visa gets a decision before my medical expires which is on june 30. btw, i have 125 points, 5 came from my hubby's skill assessment. I hope things go well for all of us, i guess nothing beats a good preparation for the inevitable....goodluck to all of us.

hobbes
Old May 1st 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, is there anyone left on the August thread that is skilled independent 136 NON-Modl and has not yet got a case officer?

Our application was acknowledged on November 21st and I am working my way through August / Sept / Oct to try and establish when we might get a CO.

Thanks and good luck everyone.
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:21 am
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
I am working my way through August / Sept / Oct to try and establish when we might get a CO.
Why? Save a few hours of your life and do a search on the visa data logged on http://www.austimeline.com - much easier!
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crawling
Why? Save a few hours of your life and do a search on the visa data logged on http://www.austimeline.com - much easier!
Yeah, did that thanks. Unfortunately not everyone on here also posts their timelines on austimline.

Thanks though.
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Hi there
Kelly x
We are still waiting, August non modl. We have a case officer and submittted meds end of March- just waiting now.
Michelle
Old May 2nd 2006, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by micged
We are still waiting, August non modl. We have a case officer and submittted meds end of March- just waiting now.
Michelle
Welcome to the waiting game! :-)
Old May 2nd 2006, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michelle
Hi micged - can I ask what date your application was lodged, and then what date were you assigned a case officer?

Thanks.
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Hello fellow august applicants! My CO called me this morning and informed me that our visa has already been granted...Thank God for the great news!!!!

hobbes
Old May 2nd 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: August 2005 Skilled Independent - who??

Originally Posted by hobbes24
Hello fellow august applicants! My CO called me this morning and informed me that our visa has already been granted...Thank God for the great news!!!!

hobbes
Oh my god! FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x
Old May 2nd 2006, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
Hi micged - can I ask what date your application was lodged, and then what date were you assigned a case officer?

Thanks.
Hi, we applied 27th July (but I consider myself an honourary august applicant) and we got a case officer 28th Feb. and for the best bit........... we got a call this morning and have been granted the visa!!!!!! - We are very excited!
Michelle
Old May 3rd 2006, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we applied 27th July (but I consider myself an honourary august applicant) and we got a case officer 28th Feb. and for the best bit........... we got a call this morning and have been granted the visa!!!!!! - We are very excited!
Michelle

Congratulations!!

Georgina

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.