Assurance of Support?

Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Assurance of Support?

Hi all,

Have just been reading a little on this and am a bit confused. Is an AoS always required? I'm applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa. My fiancee has a pretty good job for the HR department of a hospital and she says it's a "government" job which seems to mean she gets pretty good benefits etc.

I have also had contact from a company in Brisbane who want to talk to me about the possibility of me working for them, plus money im taking to support me for when I would get to OZ.

What are the chances of me having to supply an AoS/can anyone share any more knowledge on this?

Thanks
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Assurance of Support?

Hi I don't think you need to worry about this.

Your partner has a job, and you can show that you are employable so there is no reason for DIAC to ask for an AOS.

I was a bit worried when I applied. An AOS would have been awkward. My wife has always been on the disability pension and when we applied I was a graduate student with no savings. I just overdocumented my cv and presented some informal job offers. Since coming over I've been happily self-employed and my wife is off the pension.

If you read the AOS section of the booklet it talks about your ability to settle in Oz, so you could add something to your statement under a heading 'My ability to settle in Oz'.

Best of luck with your application..
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by heg3
Hi I don't think you need to worry about this.

Your partner has a job, and you can show that you are employable so there is no reason for DIAC to ask for an AOS.

I was a bit worried when I applied. An AOS would have been awkward. My wife has always been on the disability pension and when we applied I was a graduate student with no savings. I just overdocumented my cv and presented some informal job offers. Since coming over I've been happily self-employed and my wife is off the pension.

If you read the AOS section of the booklet it talks about your ability to settle in Oz, so you could add something to your statement under a heading 'My ability to settle in Oz'.

Best of luck with your application..
Thanks heg3

My partner has also just received a pay rise which mounts to an extra $4000 a year, off the top of my head I think she is on around $50,000 a year. I will also be able to provide proof (emails) that a company has contacted me about the possibility of working for them.

I hope this is enough :curse:
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
Thanks heg3

My partner has also just received a pay rise which mounts to an extra $4000 a year, off the top of my head I think she is on around $50,000 a year. I will also be able to provide proof (emails) that a company has contacted me about the possibility of working for them.

I hope this is enough :curse:
You'll be fine. Very rare for UK applicants for partner Vsias to need AoS, and as your partner is earning plenty it won't be needed. I've seen people (including myself) with partners on far less get in without an AoS.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollyana, that's help put my mind at rest.