ASCO codes on SOL & MODL

Old May 13th 2008, 4:55 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default ASCO codes on SOL & MODL

I'm going to be applying for the skilled migrant worker visa (subcalss 175 I think) but I'm confused about the points that I will or won't get for having a skill that's in demand.

On the SOL, my skill is listed as either 'Computer Professional - (nec)' or 'Computer Professional - Systems Manager' but neither of these is listed specifically on the MODL. However, the ASCO code on the SOL is the same as the ASCO code on the MODL for several other 'Computer Professional' entries.

Does the fact that the ASCO code IS listed on the MODL, even though the description is not listed specifically, mean that I qualify for the MODL points?

- CDM
Old May 13th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ASCO codes on SOL & MODL

Originally Posted by CDM
I'm going to be applying for the skilled migrant worker visa (subcalss 175 I think) but I'm confused about the points that I will or won't get for having a skill that's in demand.

On the SOL, my skill is listed as either 'Computer Professional - (nec)' or 'Computer Professional - Systems Manager' but neither of these is listed specifically on the MODL. However, the ASCO code on the SOL is the same as the ASCO code on the MODL for several other 'Computer Professional' entries.

Does the fact that the ASCO code IS listed on the MODL, even though the description is not listed specifically, mean that I qualify for the MODL points?

- CDM
To get the MODL Points, you have to show that you have 12 months experience in one of the ASCO Codes on the MODL List, so you nominate your ASCO Code, and then nominate a skill on the MODL for the extra points. ie: My OH applied to the ACS under 'Computing Professional' - (nec) and got MODL Points for 12 months experience in C+/C#/C. Which is on the MODL List.
think i have explained that right.
Old May 13th 2008, 8:44 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

My particular skill is UNIX (which I've been doing for the better part of 20 years), but it isn't one of the several 'Computer Professional' categories specifically listed on the MODL. It seems like everything else is listed except UNIX.

Does this mean that I'll only qualify for the 60 points?

- CDM
Old May 13th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CDM
My particular skill is UNIX (which I've been doing for the better part of 20 years), but it isn't one of the several 'Computer Professional' categories specifically listed on the MODL. It seems like everything else is listed except UNIX.

Does this mean that I'll only qualify for the 60 points?

- CDM
I think that means you can claim the 60 points for your skill, but as it's not on the MODL, you can't claim the extra points from that....sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear....

You may want to consider speaking to a Migration Agent, one of those free consultations over the phone, maybe....

Good Luck.