ASCO code for an automobile engineer

Old Oct 28th 2002, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

rmadahar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ASCO code for an automobile engineer

Hi All

What is the ASCO Code for Automobile Engineers and the relevant Assessing Authority.

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2002, 10:40 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ASCO code for an automobile engineer

Dear oh dear ... you won't make it to (or in) Australia if you can't even be bothered to look up the Skilled Occupations List.

I suggest you do some searching on the DIMIA site.

Best regards.

Originally posted by rmadahar
Hi All

What is the ASCO Code for Automobile Engineers and the relevant Assessing Authority.

Thanks
Old Oct 28th 2002, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Dear oh dear ... you won't make it to (or in) Australia if you can't even be bothered to look up the Skilled Occupations List.

I suggest you do some searching on the DIMIA site.

Best regards.
Sorry to disappoint you..
I did look up the SOL, wasn't very clear so I decided to ask more learned people like you, at least I thought so...

warm regards
Old Oct 28th 2002, 10:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

How clear do you want it ...?
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/sol4.htm

Sorry to disappoint you..
I did look up the SOL, wasn't very clear so I decided to ask more learned people like you, at least I thought so...

warm regards
Old Oct 28th 2002, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Alan Collett
How clear do you want it ...?
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/sol4.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/sol2.htm

isn't this closer...
Old Oct 28th 2002, 11:20 am
Migration Agent

Maybe ...

isn't this closer...
Old Oct 28th 2002, 11:46 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

isn't this closer...
An engineer:

1) attempts to locate the exact match;
failing which:
2) attempts to instantiate fuzzy logic to determine the next best matches;
if so:
3) seeks out the definition of each "best" match to further refine the search;
and by doing so:
4) obtains the most likely fit to what he/she was looking for.

I think you need to seriously consider point (3) above. By simply giving us a "definition": Automobile Engineer, you're obviously not going to find the exact match on the SOL.

If I'm a software engineer - which code do you think I'll belong to? The exact title isn't on the SOL either, is it? Fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy....

Hint: check out the relevant skills assessing bodies for your "nearest" or "best" matches. You can get the URLs from the Skilled Migration Booklet 1119 (which can be had for AUD$10 off the DIMIA website)

Peter
Old Oct 29th 2002, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default automobile engineer

You might want to check out the TRA (Trades Recognition), they seem to assess all the 'hands on' trade skills - mechanic, hairdresser, bricklayer, ie trades which require apprenticeships or city and guilds/NVQ type qualifications (as opposed to white collar/managerial/accountancy/IT skills). Do a search for TRA on this site, should turn up a thread with their website address. regards adelaidegirl