ARTC advice

Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough
Default ARTC advice

Hi,

We are emigrating to Australia on the 29th June. I'm starting my new job on the 13th July as an Air Conditioning Engineer. We flew through the TRA pre vetasses and was granted the visa. I have applied for the ARTC licence for a trade card and re-sent all the TRA info as requested, but they have said that it's not enough and now want me to go for a Local Trade Test.

I just wondered if anybody had taken the trade test? How difficult is it? What does it entail?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Nige
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

martin102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC advice

I have had a trade test, but mine was carried out over the telephone, It was conducted by i assume a Tafe lecturer by the questions he was asking.

Martin
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Do you mind me asking what type of questions?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

They basically asked questions about basic refrigeration, then technical refrigeration. Then on to electrical questions. They just want to know that you are not just another split basher and are a capable engineer.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Where are you moving to?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are moving to Port Macqarie NSW mate, I have sorted a job there but could do with getting tha Artc as soon as.
Thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

It took me 2 years to get mine, Mainly due to the fact i didn,t send enough info to the Tra the first time. They want to know everything from your first day on the job to what you had for lunch yesterday. My first application failed, I phoned them up and asked why, They basically called me a split basher because i hadn,t put enough technical info in my application. I thought you could just send them the same stuff i sent for pre-migration. Once you get your trade licence( about 6 weeks) Then you can apply for your Arctick licence(gas handling).

Martin
Old Jun 27th 2009, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

claretandblue;

the only way they invite you for the test is you did NOT provide enough evidence with the application, so expect a few hours practical testing & fault finding