Aqf cook anyone paid upfront?

Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about
Default Aqf cook anyone paid upfront?

Hi am currently doing paperwork for Aqf3 cook the collage want payment upfront is this normal as I was understanding payment was later. Anyone on same route ? Fi
Old Feb 1st 2017, 10:45 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aqf cook anyone paid upfront?

This really depends on what type of training package it is.

Are you enrolled directly with an Australian college, or are you undertaking some kind of off-shore RPL programme?

Regards,

Richard
Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

Hi I'm using an agent 190 visa pr ,but have been introduced to collage by them ,there is a discount for upfront t but just Wasent expecting to pay before receiving anything from them
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaG
Hi I'm using an agent 190 visa pr ,but have been introduced to collage by them ,there is a discount for upfront t but just Wasent expecting to pay before receiving anything from them
But is this for an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) assessment, or for an actual college course?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ,yes a RPL sorry that Wasn't very clear.
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 9:27 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

With RPLs it is not uncommon to pay up front to the RPL provider for it. It's an expensive process unfortunately.

Saying that, which country are you a citizen of?

Regards,

Richard
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,yes it sure is expensive,but age is against me so don't want to risk failure.Have spoken to them now and delayed payment for 1 month. So in the meantime I will carry on gathering docs. I'm uk citizen.
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:22 pm

Do you realise that as a UK citizen you can apply directly via Vetassess? As long as you have 5 years' work experience then you can apply without any qualifications.

You will be awarded an AQF as a result of the skills application.

If you are undertaking an AQF application separately, you don't need to! This is a very expensive and time consuming way to do it, as you will still have to apply to Vetassess in any case!

Regards,

Richard
Old Mar 4th 2017, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Do you realise that as a UK citizen you can apply directly via Vetassess? As long as you have 5 years' work experience then you can apply without any qualifications.

You will be awarded an AQF as a result of the skills application.

If you are undertaking an AQF application separately, you don't need to! This is a very expensive and time consuming way to do it, as you will still have to apply to Vetassess in any case!

Regards,

Richard
Hi,yes I did know this but am worried it would delay everything if I fail skull test as I don't have any certs.I can show 5 years easily but my training was carried out long ago and company have no record of me due to so long ago.Fi
Old Mar 5th 2017, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

1982rey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody, My name is Matias, I am from Argentine. I was searching for doing the RPL of my trade ( Vehicle Painter ) and I found an RTO called ACTA College wich deliver it.
They told me that it will cost me about AUD 2000 and that it will take a month.
I want to ask you if that is normal because another RTO said that the same RPL will cost me AUD 10.000.
So I don't know who is scam me. ACTA College, or the other one?
Thank you very much and sorry me for writing here in this thread.