April 2009 Applications (merged threads)

Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: April 2009 Applications

Dear Friends.

I received pre-grant letter and sent the English education fee for my wife at Oct 16th, 2009. I wish I have final approval soon.

Thank you all of you.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunitram
Dear Friends.

I received pre-grant letter and sent the English education fee for my wife at Oct 16th, 2009. I wish I have final approval soon.

Thank you all of you.
Welcome to PR board mate! Congratulations!
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Hopeful_Wishful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sunitram and namecaesar,

Can you please tell me what is PRE-GRANT letter. I mean my agent said he will send me the GRANT Letter soon ? He did not mention anything on PRE-GRANT letter ?

Can you please enlighten me ?

Thanks
HW
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

kml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nicekml123 is just really nice

Pre Grant letter only applies to those in Australia, it requires you to leave the country for visa to be granted
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hopeful_Wishful
Hello sunitram and namecaesar,

Can you please tell me what is PRE-GRANT letter. I mean my agent said he will send me the GRANT Letter soon ? He did not mention anything on PRE-GRANT letter ?

Can you please enlighten me ?

Thanks
HW
Hello, Mate. I also didn't know what the pre-grant letter is. Pre-grant letter (actually a pdf document sending with an e-mail attached) says like "your application is NEARING completion and the final decision will be made after every mandatory items go 'met' and mentions initial entry date if there is no problem and final decision is made."

That listen like, it is not final decision yet, soooooo.. if there is any other concern from DIAC, then there is still a chance of denial, but... nock an wood.
wish me a good luck.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks kml123.

I do not know the next steps after I get a grant letter. I am outside Australia and live in USA. Can you please enlighten me or share a link where this has been posted ?

Also after the visa is granted, and before the initial entry date any circumstances changes like I am moving from USA to my home country India should I update DIAC with a 1022 ? What all other circumstances I need to update DIAC like may be promotion etc in company ?

Any advise would be highly helpful.

Thanks
HW
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks sunitram. Wish you all the best !!

Regards
HW

Originally Posted by sunitram
Hello, Mate. I also didn't know what the pre-grant letter is. Pre-grant letter (actually a pdf document sending with an e-mail attached) says like "your application is NEARING completion and the final decision will be made after every mandatory items go 'met' and mentions initial entry date if there is no problem and final decision is made."

That listen like, it is not final decision yet, soooooo.. if there is any other concern from DIAC, then there is still a chance of denial, but... nock an wood.
wish me a good luck.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

namecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant futurenamecaesar has a brilliant future

Thanks kml123.

I do not know the next steps after I get a grant letter. I am outside Australia and live in USA. Can you please enlighten me or share a link where this has been posted ?

Also after the visa is granted, and before the initial entry date any circumstances changes like I am moving from USA to my home country India should I update DIAC with a 1022 ? What all other circumstances I need to update DIAC like may be promotion etc in company ?

Any advise would be highly helpful.

Thanks
HW
Hi Hopeful_Wishful,

You will not receive a Pre-grant letter as you are living outside Australia. When a person lives in Oz and applies for an offshore PR then they get a pre-grant letter.Then they go to their homeland and notify DIAC about it. Then DIAC sends them grant letter. It's the procedure. Another pre-grant may occur when there is an issue of 2nd payment Visa application charge (VAC2; In case of the dependant applicants with lower english level. I am not sure about it. Correct me someone if I am wrong)

You will get a grant letter directly as you are outside Oz.

After getting visa sticker on your passport no need to mention any change in circumstances to DIAC. If you are 176 state sponsored applicant then you need to notify your moves (address, job etc.) to corresponding state govt after arriving Oz.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot lalitahuja. Yes I remember You have very auspicious wordigs I will pray that you may also share good news very soon.
Thnx buddy. I am getting impatient now as nothing (except Medicals finalised) has changed in my status even after CO assignment.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot namecaesar. It was helpful.

I see that you are going to validate your visa with the initial entry on 16 Nov 2009. Can you please let me know if there is a checklist to follow once one reaches Australia on intial entry ?
1. I mean like apply bank account
2. How many days to stay for initial entry ?
3.Apply for Tax File Number ( TFN ) ?
4.Or like in US we have social security number something equivalent...

Please share your thoughts/inputs.

I am planning to go there for say 2-3 days with my family on my way from US to home coutry in March 2010.

Regards
HW

Originally Posted by namecaesar
Hi Hopeful_Wishful,

You will not receive a Pre-grant letter as you are living outside Australia. When a person lives in Oz and applies for an offshore PR then they get a pre-grant letter.Then they go to their homeland and notify DIAC about it. Then DIAC sends them grant letter. It's the procedure. Another pre-grant may occur when there is an issue of 2nd payment Visa application charge (VAC2; In case of the dependant applicants with lower english level. I am not sure about it. Correct me someone if I am wrong)

After getting visa sticker on your passport no need to mention any change in circumstances to DIAC. If you are 176 state sponsored applicant then you need to notify your moves (address, job etc.) to corresponding state govt after arriving Oz.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Have you had a look at the wiki article about visa validation in Australia?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

There is a list with things to do and not to do during your validation trip.

Thanks a lot namecaesar. It was helpful.

I see that you are going to validate your visa with the initial entry on 16 Nov 2009. Can you please let me know if there is a checklist to follow once one reaches Australia on intial entry ?
1. I mean like apply bank account
2. How many days to stay for initial entry ?
3.Apply for Tax File Number ( TFN ) ?
4.Or like in US we have social security number something equivalent...

Please share your thoughts/inputs.

I am planning to go there for say 2-3 days with my family on my way from US to home coutry in March 2010.

Regards
HW
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Matrisha.

Hello Namecaesar,

In the link below it is mentioned even 175 visa holders have to inform change in circumstances.

Can you please share the link where it is mentioned they need not ?

Originally Posted by Matrisha
Have you had a look at the wiki article about visa validation in Australia?

There is a list with things to do and not to do during your validation trip.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Do not worry lalitahuja. I guess you would just get the final good news all on a suddent For many people it has happened like this.

Originally Posted by lalitahuja
Thnx buddy. I am getting impatient now as nothing (except Medicals finalised) has changed in my status even after CO assignment.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

lalitahuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not worry lalitahuja. I guess you would just get the final good news all on a suddent For many people it has happened like this.
Thnx mate. I hope your wishes come true
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by namecaesar
Hi Hopeful_Wishful,

Hope this helps.
I think nameCaesar's idea is correct. My case (I received a pre-grant letter) is, I live outside of Oz, but my wife couldn't load her IELTS test score, so I should pay the English education cost. (says VAC2, it was 2,910 AUD.) I think it's really expensive, but it will be more expensive during our lives in Oz while my wife can't speak English. I'm afraid. We keep studing English language together... but it's really really really hard. (no similar words with my language, and why does a verb come just after a subject before an object appears? Damn!! ^^)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.