British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

geelong Sep 21st 2008 9:42 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by T-bird (Post 6803368)
Not for ages... Recce trip in late March, then back for a couple of weddings and sort everything out. Leave proper on 28 July, travel through Central and South America and NZ, then arrive in Sydney in late September 2009.

So, a year, in fact, until we get there. But I'm sure it will be gone in a flash.

What's your latest thinking about when to go?

That sounds so exciting!!

tiger222 Sep 21st 2008 1:05 pm

So, just received a reply to the online enquiry I sent to the HOC. It states that they are currently processing Medicals received on 5 September! :blink:

This after the reply I received from my email stating they are on 9 September! :eek:

I'm feeling a bit DOWN :thumbdown: now because I was sure hoping they would get those MEDS done Tuesday at the latest! I guess it's still early on Monday....

Dodge38 Sep 21st 2008 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by TinaandChris (Post 6806624)
Hi Dodge'

Do they really ask for all that information??
We'd be there for ever as sometimes have had weekly statements!!
And what specific work experience do they want to know about? My OH is a chippy, and we just got an employers reference and supplied copies of qualification certs....
My page still shows as required! but was received!

All the best

Hi there!!! Our Co has emailed us with full letter asking exactly what they want to see - My hubby is a chippy also, and has been self-employed since April 2007, so we don't have wage slips etc....so it is tricky to know what to send. Have sent invoices, customer references, proof of monies being banked ...that sort of thing! A very stressful household at the mo, but plodding on scanning and sending!!

Good Luck!!

Dodge38 Sep 21st 2008 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6807072)
So, just received a reply to the online enquiry I sent to the HOC. It states that they are currently processing Medicals received on 5 September! :blink:

This after the reply I received from my email stating they are on 9 September! :eek:

I'm feeling a bit DOWN :thumbdown: now because I was sure hoping they would get those MEDS done Tuesday at the latest! I guess it's still early on Monday....

Don't feel down Tiger - they will get to yours! The longer we are involved in this process the more I realise that they do not go "in order" for anything...it is frustrating, but hold in there!!
Dodge

tiger222 Sep 22nd 2008 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Dodge38 (Post 6808068)
Don't feel down Tiger - they will get to yours! The longer we are involved in this process the more I realise that they do not go "in order" for anything...it is frustrating, but hold in there!!
Dodge

Thanks, Dodge. I have a new plan of action so I feel much better now.

Today is the 13th day the MEDS have been there and not processed. I'll give them tomorrow. Then I call ASPC on Wed to inquire what's the status!

I like having a plan of action - very empowering - even if nothing has changed :blink:

tiger222 Sep 22nd 2008 12:34 am

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week last week ASPC is taking a day to gear up!

22 September Monday

:eek:ZERO:thumbdown:

LUCKY 19 for LAST Week :thumbsup:

However, the Official Processing times have JUMPED:

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE
Subclasses: 175 and 176
E-lodged: 03 December 2007
Paper lodged: 13 November 2007

Dodge38 Sep 22nd 2008 12:41 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6808195)

Unofficial Visa Update

22 September Monday

...Or all the information I have sent them over the weekend has clogged the system up!!! I think I may have sent way too much!!! I hope this does not put them off, but shows them how much we want our visas!!

Glad to hear that you have a plan of action - I have just been looking over everything we have sent them and have decided that we have executed our plan of action well and hope they now have a clearer picture of hubbys work for the last 4 years!! Yes I would give them one more day and then phone because you are concerned that they haven't received paperwork or that it has been overlooked.

Dodge's OH

melbert Sep 22nd 2008 7:59 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6808195)

Unofficial Visa Update

22 September Monday

Hey Tiger,

Good news, there's a Feb 176 applicant granted today!! Better start than zero eh!!

Mel:D

tiger222 Sep 22nd 2008 9:34 am

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 6809319)
Hey Tiger,

Good news, there's a Feb 176 applicant granted today!! Better start than zero eh!!

Mel:D

Yeah! Thanks, Mel! It's better then zero.

I've been very busy today getting the house cleaned for the renter viewing. That's completed now, so I can get back to the boards! :thumbsup:

tiger222 Sep 22nd 2008 9:37 am

Unofficial Visa Update

22 September Monday

1 February 2008 176 Applicant :thumbsup:

benlast Sep 22nd 2008 7:25 pm

Another milestone passed: we've applied for and got a house to rent now :) Yes, it might seem a bit odd to rent ahead of our arrival but at least we know where we'll be living and it's another thing that we don't need to sort out during that first frantic week.

Now all I need to do is sort out finance for a car from 10,000* miles away...

Cheers
b

*I'm such a sad geek... I looked it up. Manchester to Perth is 14611 km (9078 miles)

tiger222 Sep 22nd 2008 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6810587)
Another milestone passed: we've applied for and got a house to rent now :) Yes, it might seem a bit odd to rent ahead of our arrival but at least we know where we'll be living and it's another thing that we don't need to sort out during that first frantic week.

Now all I need to do is sort out finance for a car from 10,000* miles away...

Cheers
b

*I'm such a sad geek... I looked it up. Manchester to Perth is 14611 km (9078 miles)

Great job on getting the rental sorted, Ben.

tiger222 Sep 23rd 2008 2:39 am

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week last week ASPC is taking 2 days to gear up!

23 September Tuesday

1 January 2008 175 Applicant :thumbsup: - My friend ASH!

2 for THIS Week :unsure:

AshyB Sep 23rd 2008 2:55 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6812160)

Unofficial Visa Update
After a RECORD Week last week ASPC is taking 2 days to gear up!

23 September Tuesday

1 January 2008 175 Applicant :thumbsup:

2 for THIS Week :unsure:

the exchange rate shot up last week and has now come back down...the same pattern with the visa grants:confused: is there a link!?

(and yes i've got far too much time on my hands:rofl:)

Just hope that both go up in the near future:D

tiger222 Sep 23rd 2008 3:10 am

Originally Posted by AshyB (Post 6812204)
the exchange rate shot up last week and has now come back down...the same pattern with the visa grants:confused: is there a link!?

(and yes i've got far too much time on my hands:rofl:)

Just hope that both go up in the near future:D

Maybe....

Perhaps the thinking is if we feel wealthy, we'll buy a house right away!