Apprenticeship/trainee visa???

Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future
Default Apprenticeship/trainee visa???

Hi,

I had a newsletter a while ago from a migration company saying that there was going to be a new visa coming in that allowed people to take up apprenticeships or traineeships over in Australia on a full fee paying basis.
Just wondering if this is still going to happen and if so any idea of when and any details on criteria etc.

Thanks.
Claire
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:02 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apprenticeship/trainee visa???

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi,

I had a newsletter a while ago from a migration company saying that there was going to be a new visa coming in that allowed people to take up apprenticeships or traineeships over in Australia on a full fee paying basis.
Just wondering if this is still going to happen and if so any idea of when and any details on criteria etc.

Thanks.
Claire
Hi Claire,

Yes, it's coming in. If you think you're a serious contender you might need to write to the Minister for Immigration here, seems to be the only reliable source of information on it at the minute.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:07 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Claire,

Yes, it's coming in. If you think you're a serious contender you might need to write to the Minister for Immigration here, seems to be the only reliable source of information on it at the minute.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Does either of you know the stipulations of being able to apply for this visa ?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brisben
Does either of you know the stipulations of being able to apply for this visa ?

No sorry I have no idea, that is what I would like to know, at the moment my plan is to go over on a student visa, was just curious about this one.

claire
Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Hi Claire & Ben. I posted about this a while back, I'll try and dig out the post as it had all the info that was out then from Amanda Vanstone.

George Lombard helped me out with enquiries, but it was looking like you had to be under 35 to do them, I am now 35 so didn't bother goin no further.

I'll post back if I find it, but AM real busy so might take a while.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Hi Claire & Ben. I posted about this a while back, I'll try and dig out the post as it had all the info that was out then from Amanda Vanstone.

George Lombard helped me out with enquiries, but it was looking like you had to be under 35 to do them, I am now 35 so didn't bother goin no further.

I'll post back if I find it, but AM real busy so might take a while.

Altho always got time for you 2 ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305103

All in there + a link to the website ...
Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Altho always got time for you 2 ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305103

All in there + a link to the website ...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that, I am 35 at the end of year so may be pushing it for that one.

Read your posts while you were out in Brissie, glad to hear that it all went well for you, I must admit I have thought about brisabne and doing the hairdressing course, but its just with my brother being in Perth thats what draws me there, hubby has said that I should think about it some more after all we can always go to Perth once course is finished, so I do keep pondering on it.

I got this yesterday which will be of interest to you I am sure although you may have already had it, its from one of the news letters that I recieve.

7. New policy on Two years of fulltime study in Australia

Changes to the 2 year study requirement

From 1 September 2005, the '2 year study requirement' will be modified to enable students undertaking the equivalent of 2 years study in a minimum of 16 months to satisfy this requirement.

This policy change recognises that many educational institutions have introduced new academic year arrangements whereby 3 semesters of equal length are offered in a single calendar year, rather than the traditional 2 semesters.

From 1 September 2005, students will meet the '2 year study requirement' if they can demonstrate that they have completed the equivalent of 2 years, that is 4 semesters/terms of full-time study in a minimum of 16 months.

Other requirements remain unchanged - that each course of study undertaken must be:

· CRICOS Registered;
· conducted entirely in English;
· undertaken in Australia at an Australian educational institution; and
· involve a full-time study load for each term/semester of study
remain unchanged.

Further information about the 2 year study rule will be available on the Department's website from 1 September 2005, when the new policy takes effect.

(Source DIMIA)

Claire
Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by claire33
Hi Paul,

Thanks for that, I am 35 at the end of year so may be pushing it for that one.

Read your posts while you were out in Brissie, glad to hear that it all went well for you, I must admit I have thought about brisabne and doing the hairdressing course, but its just with my brother being in Perth thats what draws me there, hubby has said that I should think about it some more after all we can always go to Perth once course is finished, so I do keep pondering on it.

I got this yesterday which will be of interest to you I am sure although you may have already had it, its from one of the news letters that I recieve.

7. New policy on Two years of fulltime study in Australia

Changes to the 2 year study requirement

From 1 September 2005, the '2 year study requirement' will be modified to enable students undertaking the equivalent of 2 years study in a minimum of 16 months to satisfy this requirement.

This policy change recognises that many educational institutions have introduced new academic year arrangements whereby 3 semesters of equal length are offered in a single calendar year, rather than the traditional 2 semesters.

From 1 September 2005, students will meet the '2 year study requirement' if they can demonstrate that they have completed the equivalent of 2 years, that is 4 semesters/terms of full-time study in a minimum of 16 months.

Other requirements remain unchanged - that each course of study undertaken must be:

· CRICOS Registered;
· conducted entirely in English;
· undertaken in Australia at an Australian educational institution; and
· involve a full-time study load for each term/semester of study
remain unchanged.

Further information about the 2 year study rule will be available on the Department's website from 1 September 2005, when the new policy takes effect.

(Source DIMIA)

Claire
Hi Claire, yeah we spoke to the Principal of the Gold Coast Campus and she confirmed this to us (altho said it was 18 months!). Yeah 2 'academic' years is what they're after, and because the BSOH is a private school, they don't have the time off like the kids do!

So, if you start the course and take NO time out, you can apply for PR in 16 months (thought 18 so all the better! ... )

Another good point is to satisfy DIMIA criteria you have to do 25.5 hours per week. The hairdressing course can be done on any of the Mon - Fri days, and hours are something like 8.30am - 5.30pm, so doing just 3 days a week keeps EVERYONE happy!

School is happy (as long as you progress well and keep up!), DIMIA is happy cos your satisfying their criteria, and your happy as you only need to study for 3 days a week! Pick any 3, Mon - Wed ...... oh whatever!

(altho 1st 3 months are intensive, and 5 days!!)

4 days per week doin nowt (if you can afford it) to me is a nice 16 months in Oz!

Expensive, but nice! ...