applying for UK: High risk couuntry ?

Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

twisterz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default applying for UK: High risk couuntry ?

Hi Guys

I hold Pakistani passport and have been residing in UK for last 5 years, currently on HSMP in UK. If I apply for Visa class 175, will my application be treated as high risk country application ?

My skill assesment body will be ACS, and I have all the documents with me so plan to go through the process myself rather than hiring an agent, is it worth having an agent ?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: applying for UK: High risk couuntry ?

Anyone ... please.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twisterz
Anyone ... please.
You really are going to have to wait more than 32 minutes before you bump a thread. It's quite possible that nobody knows the answer to your question.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You really are going to have to wait more than 32 minutes before you bump a thread. It's quite possible that nobody knows the answer to your question.
Sorry ... I have been a little impatient.

Last edited by twisterz; Oct 15th 2008 at 2:35 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

As far as I know you will be processed according to your country of PASSPORT and not your country of residence. We are resident in the UK but with passports from a high risk country and was processed according to the timeline of our country of origin.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vlooi
As far as I know you will be processed according to your country of PASSPORT and not your country of residence. We are resident in the UK but with passports from a high risk country and was processed according to the timeline of our country of origin.
Thanks for replying, Do you know what are the minimum and maximum limts for high risk countries ?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:12 pm
I love Kangaroo route

wogboy is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, you will be applicant from high risk country and you will wait minimum 15 months , but i assume that the waiting period soon will be 24 months.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wogboy
yes, you will be applicant from high risk country and you will wait minimum 15 months , but i assume that the waiting period soon will be 24 months.
Thanks for replying.
I think I'll leave it then, I have much better things to do in my life than awaiting for a freaking Australian immigration to clear in for 24 months.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:27 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by wogboy
Not true, 15 months is given as the approximate time by DIAC. Some are granted quicker, some take longer than the guidelines. 24 months waiting period mentioned here is merely an assumption.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying.
I think I'll leave it then, I have much better things to do in my life than awaiting for a freaking Australian immigration to clear in for 24 months.
With all due respect, if your heart is really in the move you will be prepared to wait.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Not true, 15 months is given as the approximate time by DIAC. Some are granted quicker, some take longer than the guidelines. 24 months waiting period mentioned here is merely an assumption.
So 15 months, for the whole process, including assessment by ACS and the immigration application itself with all other formailities ? What sort of average time people have waited, specially the ones from high risk countries !!!
Does any web page list the application time line stats etc for the people who have been through the process ?

I am really confused where to get started, can someone give me an advise of taking an organized structure and sequence of how & when I should take what steps towards the final application !!!
Briefly my assessment body will be ACS and I would like my wife to relocate with me. I am making more than 120 points by only assessing myself therefore I don't want to involve her skill assessment and etc. I hope it's not compulsory for her ?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
With all due respect, if your heart is really in the move you will be prepared to wait.
I must appreciate Australia is a nice country to work and live in, but it's really long time these people are taking for an application.

I had my HSMP cleared in UK, the whole process didn't take more than 2 months.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:06 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

So 15 months, for the whole process, including assessment by ACS and the immigration application itself with all other formailities ? What sort of average time people have waited, specially the ones from high risk countries !!!
Does any web page list the application time line stats etc for the people who have been through the process ?

I am really confused where to get started, can someone give me an advise of taking an organized structure and sequence of how & when I should take what steps towards the final application !!!
Briefly my assessment body will be ACS and I would like my wife to relocate with me. I am making more than 120 points by only assessing myself therefore I don't want to involve her skill assessment and etc. I hope it's not compulsory for her ?

Not sure I can answer all of your questions but will tell you what I know.

Firstly, http://www.beupdate.co.uk is an excellent website for timelines. There isn't a high risk section as such but most people on there say is they are applying from a high risk country, anyway it should give you a rough idea of where people stand.

The 15 month timeline I mentioned earlier is on DIAC website and refers to visa processing time only, it does not include skill assessment. I can't comment on the time it takes ACS to process assessments as I went down a different road but I'm sure someone can give you an idea. Also there is a timeline for skills assessment on BEupdate.co.uk.

In terms of what to do to get organised, get all the info required for skills assessment first. You can only think about applying for a skilled visa if that is successful.

I'm not trying to offer false hope, you might still have to wait up to 24 months but I didn't want you to stop considering it just because someone else was presuming that that was how long it would take. All I know from this whole process is that you have to REALLY REALLY want to make the move to Oz to go through with the whole process.

Hope some of my ramblings will help you with your decision.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Not sure I can answer all of your questions but will tell you what I know.

Firstly, http://www.beupdate.co.uk is an excellent website for timelines. There isn't a high risk section as such but most people on there say is they are applying from a high risk country, anyway it should give you a rough idea of where people stand.

The 15 month timeline I mentioned earlier is on DIAC website and refers to visa processing time only, it does not include skill assessment. I can't comment on the time it takes ACS to process assessments as I went down a different road but I'm sure someone can give you an idea. Also there is a timeline for skills assessment on BEupdate.co.uk.

In terms of what to do to get organised, get all the info required for skills assessment first. You can only think about applying for a skilled visa if that is successful.

I'm not trying to offer false hope, you might still have to wait up to 24 months but I didn't want you to stop considering it just because someone else was presuming that that was how long it would take. All I know from this whole process is that you have to REALLY REALLY want to make the move to Oz to go through with the whole process.

Hope some of my ramblings will help you with your decision.
Very helpful mate, thanks a lot.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It narks me that some people seem to think this is some sort of 'on demand' free immigration advice bureau that they are entitled to crack the whip at, rather than the friendly forum spirit intended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.