Applying as a Teacher - Have some issues

Old Feb 6th 2010, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying as a Teacher - Have some issues

Dear All,
My wife has the experience of secondary school teacher and we intend to make a fresh 175 application. However, there are some issues and I need your help to get them sorted first as I am pretty confused:

1. My wife has worked as a teacher from March 2003-Oct,2007 and then she took a leave from job to gain her B.Ed. degree and than rejoined in July, 2008 after appearing in exams.
The points for Specific Employment are awarded as:

"If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points and you have worked in
your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level
for at least 3 of the 4 years immediately before you apply. - 10 points "

So, my question is that can the work experience before gaining the B.Ed. degree also be counted to satisfy the "Specific Employment" requirement or only the tenure after obtaining the degree be counted to satisfy it?

So, does she gains the points in this case?

2. She also completed her M.A as a private candidate in year 2006 from Univ. while working simultaneously full time as a teacher. So, will she get the points for "Specific Employment"?

Please advice. I really need it. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Applying as a Teacher - Have some issues

Can anyone please shed some light on the above mentioned issues that I am having? I will be highly grateful and will really appreciate it. Waiting for ur replies.

Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't really understand it. Are you saying she worked as a teacher without being qualified as one? That is what it sounded like, but that just sounds wrong. Perhaps you can clear that up and it might provoke some responses.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bermudashorts. She did work as a teacher from 2003-2007 before gaining her B.Ed. degree and then after completing the degree rejoined in 2008.

You do get teaching jobs in private institutions here if you can demonstrate a certain level of skill and expertise and in some case the degree may not be essential. So since during this period she was actually working full time as a teacher, so can this tenure be counted for satisfying the "3 out of past 4 yrs. work" criteria?

The criteria says "If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points and you have worked in your nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level for at least 3 of the 4 years immediately before you apply."
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

My understanding is that experience would only be counted after the point where she was fully qualified.

I would suggest that you re post this query in the teacher specific section as you are more likely to get a definitive response.

I would also suggest trying to post this question to an agent on here. I had a lot of good advice from George Lombard so it might be worth posting him a message.

Good luck
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks freckles.

Does one need registration or licensing for a specific state before applying to DIAC?

And can anyone please point me to the teacher specific section so that I can post my query there as well?

Last edited by uppalpankaj; Feb 7th 2010 at 8:16 am.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I had to have my skills checked by teach Australia (but I have a feeling the assessment body may have changed since then, but you should be able to find this info on the immigration website). Once a certificate was issued stating I was fully qualified this was then submitted with my visa application.