Applying for skilled independent Migration

Old Mar 1st 2012, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Narry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for skilled independent Migration

Need advice.
I am planning to apply for skilled independent Migration. I got my skills evaluated by ACS and got a go ahead from ACS. I have given by IELTS exam.
My confusion with IELTS score is whether I need a overall score of 8 or do they check my band score in each module.
Is there any other pre requisite before applying for PR under skilled independent Migration.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for skilled independent Migration

If you want to get maximum points for IELTS you will need 8 in all bands.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:07 am
Just Joined

but is it compulsory to get 8 in all band to apply?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Narry
but is it compulsory to get 8 in all band to apply?
No. I was commenting on your "overall or each band" question.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

You at least need 6 score in all bands. That is the qualifying score but you get no points for that.
7 score in each, gets u 10 points and 8 score in each band will get u 20 points.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks for giving me the points for IELTS score. I understand that i need a score of 65 to qualify to apply. Is there any link where i can check how much i get score
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Trina1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for giving me the points for IELTS score. I understand that i need a score of 65 to qualify to apply. Is there any link where i can check how much i get score
Hi Narry,

You can go to the DIAC website and check the skilled migration link and get the PDF for the skill points.

Trina
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 4:35 am
Just Joined

i got my score today,
listening 8.5, speaking 8.5 , reading 7, and writing 6.5.

overall 7.5

does this help out in getting any score
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i got my score today,

overall 7.5

Did you look at the link in post #8. It answers your question.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

joojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to alljoojay is a name known to all

i got my score today,

overall 7.5

Sorry, No.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:19 am
Just Joined

okay so i need to give the exam again to get atleast 7 in writing
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yes ... u need atleast 7 in all to get 10 points.
I think, you should visit this link

Last edited by joojay; Mar 2nd 2012 at 12:41 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Emma329 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Narry are those scores for your English test? Did you find it an easy test? What did the test entail?
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:32 am
Just Joined

Hi Emma,

Listening and speaking i felt is easy. Writing has two task, one is a letter and one is to express your point for the given topic. Reading has 4 passages. Some passages are easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.