Applying from Ireland??

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Laurienolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying from Ireland??

Anyone out there applying from Ireland for visa? We've just started the process & have been told it'll take 5-6 months but somehow I think thats a bit ambitious. Not sure whether to put the house on the market etc yet or hang on for a while. We're been sponsored by an employer to a place called Orange in NSW... anyone heard of it or can give us any advice??
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:47 pm
Rk1dayboy

Default Re: Applying from Ireland??

Hi there

We are also from Ireland. We received acknowledgement from DIMIA in
December. We have applied 136 MODL. The timescales for our
application are roughly 4 months to a CO, so we are half way through
the waiting and I can tell you the waiting is the hardest. We are
planning to settle in Brisbane. Heading there all going well in
August.

Wishing you all the best.

MK

Old Feb 24th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Laurienolan
Anyone out there applying from Ireland for visa? We've just started the process & have been told it'll take 5-6 months but somehow I think thats a bit ambitious. Not sure whether to put the house on the market etc yet or hang on for a while. We're been sponsored by an employer to a place called Orange in NSW... anyone heard of it or can give us any advice??

Hiya,

It only took 3 months from when i applied - already had skills assessment completed - to get my visa (Skilled Ind - 136) but maybe that was just a freak of nature! I would imagine that 5-6 months would be quite reasonable however, especially if you are being sponsored!!

Take care,

Jon
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdjnr
Hiya,

It only took 3 months from when i applied - already had skills assessment completed - to get my visa (Skilled Ind - 136) but maybe that was just a freak of nature! I would imagine that 5-6 months would be quite reasonable however, especially if you are being sponsored!!

Take care,

Jon
Hi Joh

Was that recently. Were you 136 MODL. Do you mind sharing your timeline with us.

Thanks

MK
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Glenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to allGlenn Newton is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Laurienolan

Orange is a regional town west of Sydney, on the western slopes of the great Dividing Range. Have a look at http://www.orange.nsw.gov.au/
Old Feb 25th 2006, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Hi Joh

Was that recently. Were you 136 MODL. Do you mind sharing your timeline with us.

Thanks

MK
Hiya Paul,

Yeah no problem i'll share - no it wasn't MODL - applied for visa in July 04 - just after they introduced new changes i.e not having to wait up to a year before meds & Pcc were requested (wow just realised that 2004 seems like a long time ago!!) I'm an engineer so had got qualifications assessed by IEAUST a few months before i applied for the visa....was relatively painless and took about 3 weeks!

Got requests for PCC and Meds on 1st Aug and sent them off on the 11th August - got PR on Sept 11th 2004 !! The only hassle in the whole experience was getting passport evidenced from Ireland - with An Post not being able to supply a return special delivery coupon for delivery from AHC....in the end i drove up to Newry and posted the passport from there - seemed the easiest option at the time!! Oh - used Gomatilda as migration agent - in hindsight my application was pretty straight forward and since i had already completed skills assessment myself then there was probably no need to use an agent!! But just for peace of mind and wanted to give my application the best shot possible then decided to use an agent! Can't fault Gomatilda in anyway - they were brilliant!!

Validated the Visa in April 05 - because i was emotionally blackmailed by the folks to stay for my Dads 50th and another Christmas.......but the plan is to head over in June of this year - possibly Brisbane - see where the work is!!

Incidently anyone from Ireland interested there is an australia & New Zealand expo in the RDS on 11th & 12th of march - www.downunder.ie
Don't know if it will be any use - probably only really applicable to people starting the visa process or thinking about immigrating - but sure if your in the area it won't do any harm to pop in and take a look!!

If i can help with anything just shout......

Good Luck

Jon
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:39 am
Rk1dayboy

Hi Jon

Thanks a mill for sharing your timeline. We are 136 MODL and hope to
have Visa by April/May. We are going to do the validation in either
May or June. Then hope to ship lock, stock and barrel in August. We
too are heading to Brisbane. We attended the downunder show last
October. It was good for us at the time because we had just started
the Visa processing. We have meds booked for next Wednesday
(unrequested). We also have received PCC which will send off this
week. I'll be glad when all the visa bit is out of the way and can
start doing some planning. Feel like I'm in limbo at the moment.

Thanks again for your reply.

MK

Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rk1dayboy
Hi Jon

Thanks a mill for sharing your timeline. We are 136 MODL and hope to
have Visa by April/May. We are going to do the validation in either
May or June. Then hope to ship lock, stock and barrel in August. We
too are heading to Brisbane. We attended the downunder show last
October. It was good for us at the time because we had just started
the Visa processing. We have meds booked for next Wednesday
(unrequested). We also have received PCC which will send off this
week. I'll be glad when all the visa bit is out of the way and can
start doing some planning. Feel like I'm in limbo at the moment.

Thanks again for your reply.

MK
No problem - good luck with the visa - and with any luck by the time your ready to go then there will be an easy way to get the visa evidenced in the passport from Ireland that does not involve travelling to NI / UK or some other awkward way!!))

Jon