Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for immigration again after 7 years

Applying for immigration again after 7 years

Old Jul 27th 2017, 5:12 am
Just Joined

kseeker98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Applying for immigration again after 7 years

hello friends,

I am Shiv from India. Here is my situation:--

> I got Australian immigration 7 years back and didn't go after the first entry; I had some personal issues. So, now it is expired.

> As I know, I need 2 years of stay for applying RRV. So, I am not going to get RRV.

> I have decided to start the immigration process again.

> My points are above 60 as I have calculated for EOI.

I have the below questions, many many thanks for experts in helping me out.

> I gave IELTS 2 years back. The validity of 2 years is expired but can I use the same result throughout the immigration process within the 3rd year? I intend to apply for GSM 189 visa.

> I want to get updated assessment from EA. I have lost the earlier assessment and don't have a record of it. Please guide me how can I contact EA for the issuance of updated assessment in the absence of earlier documentation?

> For EA assessment, I had it earlier for ASCO 2125-13 as Electronics Engineer (As far as I can remember ). This seems to be old occupation which must have to be translated I believe. Can someone please tell me where can I get the conversion.

> If the conversion has more than 1 sub-categories forexample the telecom engineers 2633 has multiple sub-categories like 263311 & 263312, which category will the EA select in issuing me the updated assessment?

> I don't have to write CDRs again & EA will only give me an updated assessment upon contact?

Thanksssssss for taking time to read and I hope to get help soon
Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for immigration again after 7 years

I would recommend you apply for an RRV. They often grant them well outside of the official rules - I have seen people granted them who have not been to Australia for a lot longer than you have. At worst, they will probably grant a 12 month one
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Applying for immigration again after 7 years

Originally Posted by verystormy
I would recommend you apply for an RRV. They often grant them well outside of the official rules - I have seen people granted them who have not been to Australia for a lot longer than you have. At worst, they will probably grant a 12 month one
I would probably try that but honestly chances are slim. In addition, I need to complete my preparation for the worst case scenario as there is only some time in which I am eligible for the 60 points. I shall be very grateful if you can also advise me for the below questions, appreciate your support

1) I gave IELTS 2 years back. The validity of 2 years is expired but can I use the same result throughout the immigration process within the 3rd year? I intend to apply for GSM 189 visa.

2) I want to get updated assessment from EA. Please guide me how can I contact EA for the issuance of updated assessment?

3) For EA assessment, I had it earlier for ASCO 2125-13 as Electronics Engineer. This seems to be old occupation which must have to be translated I believe. Can someone please tell me where can I get the conversion.

4) If the conversion has more than 1 sub-categories for example the telecom engineers 2633 has multiple sub-categories like 263311 & 263312, which category will the EA select in issuing me the updated assessment?

5) I don't have to write CDRs again & EA will only give me an updated assessment upon contact?
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kseeker98
I would probably try that but honestly chances are slim. In addition, I need to complete my preparation for the worst case scenario as there is only some time in which I am eligible for the 60 points. I shall be very grateful if you can also advise me for the below questions, appreciate your support
You would be only out a couple of hundred dollars, so it's worth a try
1) I gave IELTS 2 years back. The validity of 2 years is expired but can I use the same result throughout the immigration process within the 3rd year? I intend to apply for GSM 189 visa.
No, you need to redo IELTS. The result is only valid for one year. It's expired.
2) I want to get updated assessment from EA. Please guide me how can I contact EA for the issuance of updated assessment?
Is google broken on your computer? https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Contact-Us
3) For EA assessment, I had it earlier for ASCO 2125-13 as Electronics Engineer. This seems to be old occupation which must have to be translated I believe. Can someone please tell me where can I get the conversion.
Again, google is your friend.... https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Contact-Us
4) If the conversion has more than 1 sub-categories for example the telecom engineers 2633 has multiple sub-categories like 263311 & 263312, which category will the EA select in issuing me the updated assessment?
Since none of us works for EA and haven't seen your application, it's not possible for anyone on here to say.
5) I don't have to write CDRs again & EA will only give me an updated assessment upon contact?
https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Contact-Us See the answer above. We don't work for EA so don't know what outcome they will give you.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You would be only out a couple of hundred dollars, so it's worth a try

No, you need to redo IELTS. The result is only valid for one year. It's expired.
Thanks for your reply. I need to clarify the IELTS part since I have read the below update which says it is valid for a total of 3 years for Australian immigration?

"At present the results of the English language test of IELTS is valid for a two year period for Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications. From 1st July this period will be extended to three years. This is part of the numerous changes to the GSM visa program to occur from July 1, 2012."
Old Jul 27th 2017, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. I need to clarify the IELTS part since I have read the below update which says it is valid for a total of 3 years for Australian immigration?

"At present the results of the English language test of IELTS is valid for a two year period for Australian General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications. From 1st July this period will be extended to three years. This is part of the numerous changes to the GSM visa program to occur from July 1, 2012."
In addition, on the GSM 189 page, when I go to the details on Competent English, it shows me the following. It also says 36 months. Please let me know how it is 1 year validity as I am confused here

Thanks for your help

"Competent English

You can show you have Competent English if you either:
achieve the relevant score in an English test from an approved English language test provider . You must have undertaken the test, no more than 36 months before you are invited to apply for the visa
are a citizen of, and hold a valid passport from, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, or the United States. Points can be claimed for Proficient or Superior English only if you undertake an approved English language test.
You must be able to meet the English eligibility criteria at the time you are invited to apply for the visa.

There is more information about Competent English."
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:14 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

In addition, on the GSM 189 page, when I go to the details on Competent English, it shows me the following. It also says 36 months. Please let me know how it is 1 year validity as I am confused here
For GSM visa purposes, English test results are valid for 3 years.

Regards
Peter
Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Anor4k is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Applying for immigration again after 7 years

Originally Posted by verystormy
Is that really a thing? I might not have to go through the whole process again?!?
Old Jul 31st 2017, 3:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anor4k
Is that really a thing? I might not have to go through the whole process again?!?
Of course its a 'thing', why would someone suggest someone apples forit if it doesn't exist?

http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1085.pdf#
Old Aug 2nd 2017, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Anor4k is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Of course its a 'thing', why would someone suggest someone apples forit if it doesn't exist?
You're right, I'd just read/misinterpreted the RRV criteria wrong. As long as they accept my "compelling and compassionate reasons" for not being in Australia then we should all get 12 month RRVs to allow us to make the move. Makes life much easier/cheaper for us. 👍🤞