Applying for Citizenship by descent

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Natnat84x is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Applying for Citizenship by descent

I was wondering if anyone could help me at all. My mother was born in Australia and lived there until she was 11. She was also still an aussie citizen when i was born. Would this make me eligible to get Citizenship by descent and if so how long would it possibly take?
Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Applying for Citizenship by descent

Originally Posted by Natnat84x
I was wondering if anyone could help me at all. My mother was born in Australia and lived there until she was 11. She was also still an aussie citizen when i was born. Would this make me eligible to get Citizenship by descent and if so how long would it possibly take?
Thanks
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applyi...apply/descent/

Sounds like it would. It's quite quick so long as you send all the correct documents, a few weeks in my husbands case.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if anyone could help me at all. My mother was born in Australia and lived there until she was 11. She was also still an aussie citizen when i was born.
Are you sure about that? She could have lost Australian citizenship either as a child or as an adult. Read, etc, for more details on how this might have occurred:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Loss_o...an_Citizenship
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Natnat84x is an unknown quantity at this point

Sh isn't quite sure herself but she still has her passport and on a holiday a few years ago she had to get some sort of visa from the embassy before we flew. She is going to enqiure about it with the embassy soon. Thanks for your replies!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Sh isn't quite sure herself but she still has her passport and on a holiday a few years ago she had to get some sort of visa from the embassy before we flew. She is going to enqiure about it with the embassy soon. Thanks for your replies!

Ringing the embassy won't help - read the article, it will tell her what she needs to know.