Applying for 801/820 visa.

Old Nov 24th 2014, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for 801/820 visa.

My wife and I are going to proceed to another stage of the partner visa procedure, i.e. after prospective marriage visa 300 we are going to apply for 801/820 subclass.

I've read the immi booklet and to my surprise it seems that we're required to collect practically the same stuff of documents and proof that we had to do for 300 only a few months ago. Is it really so?

Will we have to have again 2 statutory declarations from our friends about our relationship, medical check, history of relationship, evidence that it's genuine etc, etc?
Old Nov 24th 2014, 9:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for 801/820 visa.

Originally Posted by jimcz
My wife and I are going to proceed to another stage of the partner visa procedure, i.e. after prospective marriage visa 300 we are going to apply for 801/820 subclass.

I've read the immi booklet and to my surprise it seems that we're required to collect practically the same stuff of documents and proof that we had to do for 300 only a few months ago. Is it really so?

Will we have to have again 2 statutory declarations from our friends about our relationship, medical check, history of relationship, evidence that it's genuine etc, etc?
yes.
All you needed to prove at the PMV stage was that you knew each other andwished to marry and start a life together.
Now you need to show how that life has developed since the marriage, all the details of the marriage, and plans for the future etc.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

For the PMV, you only needed to prove that you had met in person.

More convincing proof is needed for the actual partner visa.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both of you for your time.

In our application for PMV my fiancée, me, and two statutory declarations we all described how we met and how our relationship developed till the point of sending our application and our future plans.

Now in 801/820 we all should write about our life since my fiance came to AU till now (1 week after our wedding). Am I right?

One important question please:
We don't want to postpone 801/820 application because honestly, 300 subclass sucks. Potential employers frown on the fact that the visa is limited to 9 months, no medicare, no free English lessons (Eng isn't our 1st language), even secondary educational institutions regard her as an international student...

I heard that very shortly after sending 801/820 application we should receive a confirmation letter from immi about receiving it and from that moment she is basically on 820 subclass with free medicare and all other "perks". Is it true?
Old Nov 25th 2014, 5:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both of you for your time.

In our application for PMV my fiancée, me, and two statutory declarations we all described how we met and how our relationship developed till the point of sending our application and our future plans.

Now in 801/820 we all should write about our life since my fiance came to AU till now (1 week after our wedding). Am I right?

One important question please:
We don't want to postpone 801/820 application because honestly, 300 subclass sucks. Potential employers frown on the fact that the visa is limited to 9 months, no medicare, no free English lessons (Eng isn't our 1st language), even secondary educational institutions regard her as an international student...

I heard that very shortly after sending 801/820 application we should receive a confirmation letter from immi about receiving it and from that moment she is basically on 820 subclass with free medicare and all other "perks". Is it true?
Your stat decs can be a continuation of the PMV ones - I actually used my PMV one and then wrote PART TWO and continued from there, describing the trip to Aus, the wedding and then our ideas for the future and how we were building a life together.

The sooner you lodge the application the better, as you are finding. And yes, once the application is in,mit is actually an application for PR, though she gets the temp visa in the meantime. Because it is a PR Spouse application she is then entitled to medicare, and can tell people she is just waiting for the grant of PR- that should help with jobs. Few employers understand the position with spouse visas, so if she can avoid mentioning the dreaded "temporary" word so much the better! Employers need to be aware that she is in the country because she has married a settled Aussie, and therefore will be staying - rather than being on a temporary visa which will end with her having to leave at some point.
Her PR will be due two years from the date the application is lodged