Applying for 475...How to do it?

Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

zedster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for 475...How to do it?

Hello everyone

I'm very, very new to this forum so be gentle! Although I have been reading through loads of posts today and everyone seems to be really friendly and very helpful.

Here's our situation...

We want to apply for a 475 visa but wondered if anyone can give us a step by step guide on what to do first.

As far as I understand we first must arrange to be nominated by a participating State/Territory government - how do we do this? I have been on the DIAC website for hours and I keep going round in circles...it tells you what you need to do and what happens but not how or where...help! If anyone can suggest a link on their site or point us in the right direction that would be great.

Ok, so once we've done that and the State/Territory government agrees to nominate us I think we can then move onto the next stage.

In what order has everyone else done this second stage ie skills assessment etc?

I'm sorry for sounding so confused but it's really, well confusing. I'm sure it'll all become clear as we go along!

Thanks in advance for replies and no doubt I'll be back with more questions really soon!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

anthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant future
Default Re: Applying for 475...How to do it?

1. Check that you got an education/job that is on the SOL list.

2. Check which states/territories may sponsor your education/ line of work. (all states got separate websites with lists of occupations they're looking for so google for "immigration Western Australia" for instance)

3. Apply to the right authority to get your education recognised (e.g. VETASSES)

4. Apply for state sponsorship (you need to provide evidence that the relevant skills authority has recognised your education/trade qualifications)

5. Lodge your visa application when state sponsorship is confirmed

6. Cross fingers & wait for ages
Old Aug 28th 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anthonyk
1. Check that you got an education/job that is on the SOL list.

2. Check which states/territories may sponsor your education/ line of work. (all states got separate websites with lists of occupations they're looking for so google for "immigration Western Australia" for instance)

3. Apply to the right authority to get your education recognised (e.g. VETASSES)

4. Apply for state sponsorship (you need to provide evidence that the relevant skills authority has recognised your education/trade qualifications)

5. Lodge your visa application when state sponsorship is confirmed

6. Cross fingers & wait for ages
Hi Anthony, wow that was a quck response! thanks.

We already know that our skills are on the list for SA. So I guess the next thing is get the skills assessed and then apply for state sponsorship? How do we apply for state sponsorship? Can you do it online or is it a case of filling out an application form? Realise that you can lodge visa application online but not sure about state sponsorship. Do you do that through the DIAC as well?

Sooo many questions!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

anthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedster
Hi Anthony, wow that was a quck response! thanks.

We already know that our skills are on the list for SA. So I guess the next thing is get the skills assessed and then apply for state sponsorship? How do we apply for state sponsorship? Can you do it online or is it a case of filling out an application form? Realise that you can lodge visa application online but not sure about state sponsorship. Do you do that through the DIAC as well?

Sooo many questions!
For SA sponsorship you apply online. It's free. Here's the link to page. http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/applyonline.php (Have a read through the website though). There's a few forms etc. you need to complete and do a bit of research about- like why you've chosen SA, friends and rellies in Aussie and so forth.

But skills first. While you're waiting for that to come through you got plenty of time to educate yourself about th rest of the process and it's not as daunting as it may seem right now.

Good luck.

/A
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anthonyk
For SA sponsorship you apply online. It's free. Here's the link to page. http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/applyonline.php (Have a read through the website though). There's a few forms etc. you need to complete and do a bit of research about- like why you've chosen SA, friends and rellies in Aussie and so forth.

But skills first. While you're waiting for that to come through you got plenty of time to educate yourself about th rest of the process and it's not as daunting as it may seem right now.

Good luck.

/A
fantastic! Do you know if we both need to have our skills assessed? My husband would be the principal applicant and me as the secondary applicant.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Fantastic! Do you know if we both need to have our skills assessed or just the principal applicant?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Only principal need apply.

if you haven't already check out whether you may qualify for a 176 visa in one state or another as it is a permanent visa. I also believe you may qualify for a 475 in Tasmania as well as SA as they don't have an occupation list except SOL, but not 100% if other criteria come into play there. Gives you a few options to look into anyway.

/A
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

ziggyjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

My hubby has had a provisional job offer from Perth. Currently his occupation is not listed PRINCE2 Practitioner. The employer advice is to opt for PR, but should this be done alongside a 475 as well? CONFUSED Just not sure which route to take.

Sorry if I have hijacked your thread, just need some advice guy's.

Thanks.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Online!
For the sake of your sanity, do it online!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

ziggyjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Wishwewerethere
Online!
For the sake of your sanity, do it online!
But how do I find out where "PRINCE2 Practitioner" comes under the skills list, if its not on where do I go?