Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for 175/176 without my partner..????

Applying for 175/176 without my partner..????

Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

cg.aus2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Applying for 175/176 without my partner..????

Hi,

I'm starting a process of applying for 175/176. I want to add my partner as secondary applicant but we dont have enough evidence to prove our relationship now i will apply on my own.. is it possible to add her on my visa when im in Aus or will i need to wait until i have a citizenship??

HELP..!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for 175/176 without my partner..????

Originally Posted by cg.aus2009
Hi,

I'm starting a process of applying for 175/176. I want to add my partner as secondary applicant but we dont have enough evidence to prove our relationship now i will apply on my own.. is it possible to add her on my visa when im in Aus or will i need to wait until i have a citizenship??

HELP..!!!
Once you are in Australia you cannot add her to your visa. You would need to sponsor her as a spouse/prospective spouse. If you have lived together for 12 months you can add her now to your application or if you have not lived together long enough now you can add her at any time prior to your visa being granted so long as you can prove the relationship is genuine and ongoing.