Apply UK or OZ

Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Sue8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply UK or OZ

Asked these questions before but we had to put our application on hold due to family.
I'm in the UK with Australia passport looking at applying partner visa.
Been seeing a guy here for a couple of years now looking at him applying to go to oz.
We are going on holiday in feb to see my sons and my partner can afford not to work we wondered can he apply while he's on holiday and we are in OZ or better to apply while in UK.

Last edited by Sue8; Dec 12th 2016 at 1:11 pm. Reason: Mistake
Old Dec 14th 2016, 9:47 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply UK or OZ

Theoretically, he could apply onshore or offshore, however the overriding concern should be to establish whether you both meet the partner visa criteria to begin with.

Regards,

Richard
Old Dec 14th 2016, 10:23 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Theoretically, he could apply onshore or offshore, however the overriding concern should be to establish whether you both meet the partner visa criteria to begin with.

Regards,

Richard
I was wondering the same, "seeing a bloke for couple of years" makes a big difference if they haven't lived in defacto relationship for over 12 months
Old Dec 14th 2016, 11:08 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly Teza.

There are various factors to consider, not least whether they have been in what Australia defines as a de facto relationship, and can prove this via documentation.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Regards,

Richard
I'd say we do so not concerned really about that.
Just wanted to know which was better in oz or out,but had some good replays so we will look into it more.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:35 am

Ok, good luck!

Regards,

Richard
Old Dec 15th 2016, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teza
I was wondering the same, "seeing a bloke for couple of years" makes a big difference if they haven't lived in defacto relationship for over 12 months
Nobody says I'm in a defacto relationship if in general chat my mistake I've been living with my partner for a few years.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue8
Asked these questions before but we had to put our application on hold due to family.
I'm in the UK with Australia passport looking at applying partner visa.
Been seeing my partner here for a couple of years now looking at him applying to go to oz.
We are going on holiday in feb to see my sons and my partner can afford not to work we wondered can he apply while he's on holiday and we are in OZ or better to apply while in UK.
Sorry MY PARNER/DEFACTO
Old Dec 15th 2016, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Exactly Teza.

There are various factors to consider, not least whether they have been in what Australia defines as a de facto relationship, and can prove this via documentation.
We pass all criteria living together number of years.
We can prove for application,only question we wanted to know which country was it bettter to put application in.
Old Dec 15th 2016, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teza
Ok worded wrong my defacto/partner!!
We know all good for application not an issue it was more about where to apply.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 4:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok worded wrong my defacto/partner!!
We know all good for application not an issue it was more about where to apply.
The term 'defacto partner' is one in everyday use in Australia, describng a couple who are as good as married. Thus for immigration purposes you need to be clear that you are 'defacto' and not just boyfriend/girlfriend. Sounds pedantic, but believe me it matters!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 6:38 am
Just Joined

I know that thanks but question wasn't was if I was in a defacto relationship all that side is sorted .
Just wanting to know best country to apply thank you.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 7:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know that thanks but question wasn't was if I was in a defacto relationship all that side is sorted .
Just wanting to know best country to apply thank you.
I know you didn't specifically ask, but from the point of view of us trying to help, we have had lot of people saying they are 'seeing a guy' we spend time giving good info and then it turns out they have been dating for just a couple of weeks. Immigration are pedantic, trust me, I know to my cost, so all I (and others) are doing is making sure you don't trip up using the wrong term on the application.

Good luck
Old Dec 16th 2016, 8:51 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the OP's question it's much quicker to apply offshore compared to onshore. Applications lodged via London are currently being granted in four to five months. There is no longer any difference in fees.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I know you didn't specifically ask, but from the point of view of us trying to help, we have had lot of people saying they are 'seeing a guy' we spend time giving good info and then it turns out they have been dating for just a couple of weeks. Immigration are pedantic, trust me, I know to my cost, so all I (and others) are doing is making sure you don't trip up using the wrong term on the application.

Good luck
Sorry then just way I worded it and certainly crazy if applying after a few months.
Together since 2013 so all good thanks though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.