Applied for working holiday visa...

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

pbut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applied for working holiday visa...

Previously to applying, I was told it was around a 48h our turnaround time between applying and being issued?

However I have a spent driving conviction from 11years ago and theysaid this would delay the processing time a little..it's now been around 3 weeks since I sent off all the extra documentation re: the conviction and not heard a thing since 🤔

Can anyone point me in the direction of an email address or contact number I can use? I'm in the UK if it helps. Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applied for working holiday visa...

Originally Posted by pbut
Previously to applying, I was told it was around a 48h our turnaround time between applying and being issued?

However I have a spent driving conviction from 11years ago and theysaid this would delay the processing time a little..it's now been around 3 weeks since I sent off all the extra documentation re: the conviction and not heard a thing since 🤔

Can anyone point me in the direction of an email address or contact number I can use? I'm in the UK if it helps. Thanks
Usually 24-48hrs if there are no issues. A conviction will be referred to the character unit and I'm afraid all you can do is wait.
Old Oct 22nd 2016, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Okay thanks. Is there a rough guideline to the time I should expect to wait or?
Old Oct 26th 2016, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Okay thanks. Is there a rough guideline to the time I should expect to wait or?
No idea I'm afraid. They have got much more finicky about wanting to look at character issues lately, but its really too recent to have any idea on timelines.We have had a couple of posters with similar questions but no real feedback.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

I had an email monday lunchtime from the agency fella who's handling my application - he said immigration claimed they hadn't received any of the extra info he'd forwarded from me.

So he forwarded it all again pointing out the dates (around 3 1/2 weeks ago now) they apologised and said they would have their desision in the next few days.

Last edited by pbut; Oct 26th 2016 at 4:50 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 7:13 pm
Home and Happy

I had an email monday lunchtime from the agency fella who's handling my application - he said immigration claimed they hadn't received any of the extra info he'd forwarded from me.

So he forwarded it all again pointing out the dates (around 3 1/2 weeks ago now) they apologised and said they would have their desision in the next few days.
for you.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone have a contact detail for Australian Immigration? The agency I applied for the visa through has gone poof..the chap has disappeared off social media and any emails I send are getting an automated reply back saying 'business closed' and so I now have no way of finding out if visa has been granted 😑 any help asap would be great thanks 👍

Last edited by pbut; Nov 21st 2016 at 2:50 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're in the UK then call the Australian High Commission on 020 7420 3690. They're open for English language enquiries between 1300-1600, Monday to Friday.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you're in the UK then call the Australian High Commission on 020 7420 3690. They're open for English language enquiries between 1300-1600, Monday to Friday.
Ahh thank you! I will try tomorrow 😊