Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applied for 175, married before visa grant (merged threads)

Applied for 175, married before visa grant (merged threads)

Old Oct 11th 2010, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

asadsherazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Married, How to include my spouse as a secondary applicant?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What does it say on the DIAC website? www.immi.gov.au
I could not find any information like how to add your spouse on your on-going application.
I shall appreciate v.much any helpful post from the senior applicant who has done the same successfully..
Old Oct 11th 2010, 10:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asadsherazi
I could not find any information like how to add your spouse on your on-going application.
I shall appreciate v.much any helpful post from the senior applicant who has done the same successfully..
This took me less than 3 minutes to get to on the DIAC site. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...dge.htm#change
Old Oct 16th 2010, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Dorothy, things are overall quite clear now... just one question below...

My wife is going to take her IELTS exam on Nov-2010. So should i inform DIAC about the change in Circumstances (Form-1022) after getting her exam's result? (as it is one of the requirements to submit her IELTS with minimum 4.5 band in each module).

Or is it possible that i send Form-1022 now. and later on send the IELTS results? What do you recommend?

This took me less than 3 minutes to get to on the DIAC site. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...dge.htm#change
Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Thanks Dorothy, things are overall quite clear now... just one question below...

My wife is going to take her IELTS exam on Nov-2010. So should i inform DIAC about the change in Circumstances (Form-1022) after getting her exam's result? (as it is one of the requirements to submit her IELTS with minimum 4.5 band in each module).

Or is it possible that i send Form-1022 now. and later on send the IELTS results? What do you recommend?
It is overal 4.5 and not minimum 4.5 in each module, so don't put her under pressure ! :d
Regards
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by r_1159
It is overal 4.5 and not minimum 4.5 in each module, so don't put her under pressure ! :d
Regards
Thanks for clarification, she is preparing & hoping to get 6+ band... if i tell her 4.5 band is required then she will stop preparing ;-)

any way on a v.serious note, i am little hesitant to send Form-1022 before getting her IELTS results, as i am afraid that what if DIAC rejects the PR grant due to incomplete application (without IELTS) :-( Kindly assist in this regard...
Old Oct 16th 2010, 1:01 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for clarification, she is preparing & hoping to get 6+ band... if i tell her 4.5 band is required then she will stop preparing ;-)

any way on a v.serious note, i am little hesitant to send Form-1022 before getting her IELTS results, as i am afraid that what if DIAC rejects the PR grant due to incomplete application (without IELTS) :-( Kindly assist in this regard...
You must inform DIAC as soon as there is any change in your circumstances. Send the form now. They will ask for her IELTS results later (or second VAC if she chooses not to sit the exam).
Old Oct 18th 2010, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

You must inform DIAC as soon as there is any change in your circumstances. Send the form now. They will ask for her IELTS results later (or second VAC if she chooses not to sit the exam).
Thanks Madam, will be doing that in couple of days...
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

One last query,

I was thinking to send the scanned copies of Forms (1022, 47a) by email.
But i read the following on DIAC's website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...dary-app.htm#a

Evidence to attach to your application
You must complete Form 47A for each dependant aged 18 years or over, whether they are migrating with you or not. You cannot lodge this form electronically. You must send the form and all supporting documentation by post or courier directly to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.
See: Form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over (248KB PDF file)
You will also need to provide:

* a certified copy of your relative's birth certificate and evidence of their relationship to you
* evidence that the relative resides in your household
* evidence that your relative has been dependent on you for at least the last 12 months
* if your relative is divorced or separated, evidence of their divorce or legal separation.

Do i need to send the Form-1022 by email? and the Form-47a by courier along with the supporting documentation?

And what if i send both Form-1022 & Form-47a by email along with the supporting documentation? Will it be fine?
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 3:58 pm
Still alive

What does the DIAC site say? Read it and do what it says. Easy peasy.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

chingky_bebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applied for 175, married before visa grant (merged threads)

I have a question for this type of situation:

I already lodged my 175 visa application, but we are planning to get married. My partner is already a Permanent Visa (175) holder. Do I still need to include him in notice of changes as dependent or i can just state that my status is no longer single?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:47 pm
Still alive

Default Re: Applied for 175, married before visa grant (merged threads)

Originally Posted by chingky_bebe
I have a question for this type of situation:

I already lodged my 175 visa application, but we are planning to get married. My partner is already a Permanent Visa (175) holder. Do I still need to include him in notice of changes as dependent or i can just state that my status is no longer single?

Thank you in advance!
If your partner is already a 175 holder you don't need your own application. Your partner applies for a spouse visa for you.